Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#79600 Fri Oct 31 2003 01:42 PM
J
JUNIOR Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Know anything about the Johnson Gasolene Company? I recently finished a Wayne 70 that i've done as a Johnson. I'd like to find out more info about them but cant find anything. Any help would be great from Where in the country they were located to when they operated.

thanks.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#79601 Fri Oct 31 2003 01:56 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Johnson Refining Company was from Chicago,IL.
They sold "gasolene" under the Johnson, Brilliant Bronze, and Jo-Re-Co names. Johnson Refining items are very collectible here in the mid-west.
Johnson was bought out by Gasareia in 1956 who in turn was bought by Esso (Standard(NJ))in 1957.

I met a guy at a swap meet who's father-in-law had bought one of the old Johnson buildings. He said there were about 150,000 quart and five quart cans that had never been filled. He said they ran over them with bulldozers to flatten them so they could load them in dump trucks and haul them to the scrap yard. He took it pretty well when we showed him the $450-$650 price tags on some Johnson cans at the show. LOL.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#79602 Fri Oct 31 2003 02:37 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WOW...............Bob are you kidding a
150,00 quarts to the dump. Neat story to bad it's true. Did anyone see the Johnson Breeze can that sold on ebay for close to $800. Scott in KC

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved