Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Those that know me, know I'm incredibly passionate about Mopar history. My collection is focused on pre 1962 Mopar as well as my fathers racing history during the early days of NHRA Pro Stock. I know at times this hobby can feel like a cut throat world and that it becomes all about the money. Just know, that good people are still out there who do this for more than the dollars. I was chasing a piece for the past couple of years. A sign that I really wanted to have for the museum. Anything I purchase for the museum, doesn't get sold, unless I upgrade to a better condition item. Some may know where this sign came from, but I'll keep the details private. People who did not have to work with me, worked with me, to see that this piece got to me while an estate was settled. I'm bias, but this is where this piece belonged. I believe it to be the first sign with Chrysler's name on it. When Walter P knew that Maxwell was going down in 1925. For a very short period, he would put his name on some of the advertising to prepare for the launch of Chrysler. When Walter had come over to run Maxwell around 1920, he had changed their marketing to call it "The Good Maxwell". I have this exact sign with it saying that and now this version from 1925.

This will be in my possession till I'm dead. I'm so happy to have this in the museum and being able to explain to people the history and origin story of Chrysler, not through just cars, but advertising. Just wanted to put a feel good story out there. The multiple people who assisted me were extremely fair during this process and while we all have our horror story of crooks and thieves, a significant portion of the hobby is filled with those just wanting to protect this history.

IMG_8442.JPG

Feb 17th-18th Richmond Auctions: https://bid.richmondauctions.com
8 members like this: DuceCpe, pumpingethyl, Rabbitman, RandyM, Oldgas, SandPCollector
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great post Mike. That piece definitely belongs in your fabulous collection. I had the privilege of meeting and talking with your dad at a small cruise in in Phoenix this past January. I had been talking with him for a while before it actually dawned on me who he was. He is a great guy that was just there having a good time with all the cars like the rest of us. Racing and this hobby are lucky to have ambassadors like your family keeping the history alive.

A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
Great piece

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved