Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#785407 Sat Dec 17 2022 05:49 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Hello everyone,

Here’s a bit about me and why I’ve joined your forum.

I’m not really a collector of anything specific, but I have a vice for old things, especially when they’re better than new things. Fixing things that may not be worth the trouble is relaxing to me. When I can’t fix something I tear it down and keep what might be useful. I have too many projects at all times. I love the adventure of it.

A older friend is moving off his rural property to an apartment. A lifelong mechanic, he has sheds and such filled with decades of things that could be fixed but weren’t. A lot of junk that wasn’t painful to recycle, but a few gems I couldn’t bear to see lost.

Among them, a 165-lb Peter Wright anvil, a 1954 Massey Harris 33, and a model 97 Eco air meter.

I live on a hobby farm and a former stables building is my 1,000 sq.ft. shop. I do all manners of things in there and it is nothing like the shiny garages with checkered floors that some of you have, but it’s my escape.

I’m looking forward to restoring this model 97. It’s complete, the numbers move, and comes with a bee nest. I love it. My father is 80 and worked at a gas station; my mom, 78, worked at her dad’s gas station. Both used one of these thousands of times, and I remember using them when I was a kid. I want to pay my friend well for it, so your opinions on what it is worth will be appreciated.

If you like stories about adventures in farming and forest hobbies, I’ve written some short stories at www.oakcreekforestandfarm.com that people seem to enjoy.

I very often seek the information posted on these forums - it’s amazing what you can learn, which is probably my biggest interest of all.

David Ross

7203F141-ECFD-4DE6-9529-EBBAD98A5CA5.jpeg 9046ADE6-AFEC-4841-8D1B-5A898562F260.jpeg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
David, Welcome to Oldgas.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
welcome aboard .. ... cool

RANDY
T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
Welcome

S
Petro Enthusiast