Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#778702 Sat Jul 02 2022 10:07 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hello,

New user. I'm younger mainly collect license plates. My only other experience with porcelain advertising is Ande Rooney (I know I will not be popular for this take) which so far I have enjoyed in my garage. I purchased a B.L tobacco sign at a garage sale this weekend. I cannot find any information on the company or replications of the sign anywhere. I didn't pay much for the sign but I was willing to take a chance. I have attached front side and back side pictures. I have no interest in keeping an India fake or the likes - I was wondering if any of the experts here had any opinion if the sign I purchased has a prayer's shot of being authentic. From what I can tell, any sign mirroring mine began as a square with a red border. The seller mentioned he thought the sign I purchased might have been cut out, at least the top portion notched is evident of that occurring. Please go easy on me, from what I can tell fakes and Ande Rooney are both not well regarded here. Since I am local to Peotone I attended the 2022 advertising show for the first time and I was blown away at what people were charging for a sign the size of this B.L. tobacco I feel like it would be priced at $500+. I just want to know if I can display this with pride in my garage or if I should look to get rid of it.

Thanks in advance.

PXL_20220703_034812347.jpg PXL_20220703_034759859.jpg
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Welcome, it looks legit from here. Yes we hate fakes but I get that there's people out there that cant afford a 5000 sign. What's frustrating is how there not marked in any way and deliberately trying to fool and prey on the new guys getting into the hobby. That said I would have to see in person if it has been cut the edges if cut would show porcelain loss. Enjoy the hobby.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Does not matter what other people think,if you like it keep it and enjoy it.

Frank Jordan

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved