Next Thread
Print Thread
#757029 Fri Nov 13 2020 08:33 AM
F
Fill up Offline OP
OP Offline
F
$650.00

Kendall produced the first oil that was good for 2,000 miles. Before that, the maximum mileage was 500. The hand on the clock with the two fingers indicate “2,000” miles.

According to A Brief History of Kendall Motor Oil:

“In 1913, Kendall Refining Company became the first producer of motor oil to extend oil change intervals from the average 500 miles, to the greatly improved 2000 miles. It was a massive achievement for the company...this achievement was reflected in a new symbol: a hand holding up the number two. It has remained the symbol of Kendall quality to this day.”

This clock style is often referred to as the “Lollypop” because the the digit 6 has been replaced by the top of a stand post—which is reminiscent of an early curb sign.

The curved glass front is in excellent condition, and the clock presents its original vintage quality nicely. I am guessing this is from the 1950’s.

A small paper label identifies this as made by SWIHART PRODUCTS in Indiana.

This clock lights up and runs accurately—but only for a short time. I am unsure what makes it stop.

This is not a reproduction.

Size is approximately 15 inch diameter by 4 inches deep (15”X 4”).

This will be even better with a good cleaning. Stored in a clean, smoke-free home.

Kendall Oil Clock (6).JPG Kendall Oil Clock (7).JPG Kendall Oil Clock 1(1).JPG Kendall Oil Clock (3).JPG
All Items Offered Must Have Prices

All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
PM Sent

F
Fill up Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Bump

J
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
J
After awhile, does the motor stop, does the light stop working, or both? I couldn't quite tell from your description. Thanks. John

Last edited by Jolly-John; Thu Sep 23 2021 07:32 AM.
F
Fill up Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I just saw your month old inquiry about my clock. Sorry for the delay in response. I had the clock in storage and did not know the answers. I pulled the clock back out and gave it a try. It no longer lit up so I replaced the bulb and now it lights nicely again.

In order to answer your questions, I plugged it in again and it ran perfect for 6 hours and stopped. The light stayed on.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved