Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
ch3098 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I am currently restoring a gilbarco 96 pump. I would like to find an original glass globe and lenses. I am open to about any brand, i would just prefer original over reproduction. My question is are there any clues to look for to determine an original globe and lenses? The globes pictured belong to a collector close to me. I am supposed to go look at them soon, and I am looking for any and all advice before I go to look at them.
Thanks,
Clayton

Screenshot_2021-02-08-22-16-31.png (428.88 KB, 272 downloads)
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
For sure the fire chief is fantasy (repo) it’s hard to tell by the pics of the others. Some of them are original, but would need better pics to tell on most of them.

1 member likes this: Hurryin Hoosier
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Like Chris said, most of those are original ( for the simple fact that some aren’t reproduced). However there are a few in that picture that they do reproduce. Although they appear to be legit, you would need pics of the back of the lenses to get a better idea. The small FireChief at the end of the row is fantasy.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
C
ch3098 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the quick reply. I will get more detailed pictures when I am able to see the globes in person. Is there any distinguishable features on the glass globe bodies that will help determine original or reproduction?
Thanks,
Clayton

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don’t kno a good way to determine if the body’s are original or not? But the lenses should be kinda ruff like a fine sandpaper on the backs. If there smooth as glass stay away from those.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved