Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#759274 Wed Jan 06 2021 10:47 PM
T
TJRAD Offline OP
OP Offline
T
This guy for real? Done business with hundreds of people in my life, never anybody worse.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
TJRAD #759285 Thu Jan 07 2021 08:46 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What he said . . .

TJRAD #759286 Thu Jan 07 2021 09:08 AM
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Have only dealt with Diane there if I ever needed help from a person.

TJRAD #759291 Thu Jan 07 2021 11:23 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have known Andy and Diane for over 35 years and never had a problem. I had to edit it because my math sucks. It’s been a lot longer then I thought.

Last edited by Done4; Thu Jan 07 2021 08:06 PM.

Have gas all the time
1 member likes this: Morgan
TJRAD #759293 Thu Jan 07 2021 12:47 PM
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Same here, been dealing with Diane and Andy since early 80s without problems.

TJRAD #759294 Thu Jan 07 2021 01:35 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It has been 14 hours and no reply from TJRAD that tells you right there!

Wayne
TJRAD #759297 Thu Jan 07 2021 02:43 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As we age most of us tend to see more medical issues arise. Those aren't necessarily shared with the general public or our customers.
Ron

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503
TJRAD #759302 Thu Jan 07 2021 06:12 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I have dealt with 4 major gas pump parts suppliers in this hobby. One has changed hands 3 times since I have been in the hobby the original owner was an awesome inspiration to how I collected gas pumps. He actually took time to sit down with me to talk about gas pumps and even gave me a lead on a twin visible that was for sale in the parking lot at his gas and oil auction. That is real class, he didn't have to but he wanted to help me out. I have had issues with all but one (currently in business), that one person is who I give all my business to and I think that person knows who I am talking about. The other two not so much and they dont know how I feel about them and nobody else does either. Another parts supplier had a bone yard of various models of gas pumps. He had one visible sitting up next to the fence. I asked if it was for sale and he said make me an offer. So I went back out and got a better look at it to see if I could Id it. No id markings, even the guy didn't know what it was or so he said. Pump was basically the base, frame, jar base and fill pipe. No skins, cylinder, jar top casting, light sockets or conduits, or bonnet. After an hour of close examination, I asked him again what he had to have for it. He said he had no clue as to what it was, and to make an offer and that more than likely I would own it. So I offered a more than fair amount for it. He laughed at me, told me "it was worth a hell of a lot more than that and that he would buy it from the owner (found out it was on consignment supposedly). So more than likely he lied to me and he did know what it was. Went back 2 years later (around 2005) and pump was still there and that pump has yet to be Identified by Jack, still not in any of his books. One other story, there have been two separate occasions that I need special parts made. One part was a complete assembly he told me no problem, may take a while but will get it for you. Sure enough he did, and was very happy with that assembly. Then I need two cast iron bonnets made for a certain model of Butler Visible. He said no problem, but he shipping would cost a small fortune (this was back when shipping hadn't got so crazy but would still cost a small fortune). So I believe I ended up meeting him at swap meet and took delivery of my parts. He bent over backwards for me, and got me parts that NOBODY else would even consider making for me. Everybody may not share the same opinions I have and I am not out to ruin someones reputation, life is to short for mess like that. I will say however, if someone does me right, I will highly recommend that person/business and I have on many occasions.

TJRAD #759303 Thu Jan 07 2021 06:19 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have never had a problem with any of the well known parts suppliers listed on this site in my 25 plus years in the hobby. I think it's important to remember that life has a way of sometimes getting in the way. We all have bad days but I believe that if we treat everyone with respect and patience things will turn out fine.

TJRAD #759304 Thu Jan 07 2021 06:31 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Everyone has bad days, but with no specific's of why, someone is the worst person you've ever dealt with, is a shallow statement. I've dealt with difficult people, but I don't post it on a Public Forum without an explanation, trying to get people to agree with my unknown issue. I'm sure all pump parts suppliers aren't going to make everyone happy all the time, but I appreciate them being there for my needs Laroy

1 member likes this: Oldgas
TJRAD #759305 Thu Jan 07 2021 07:20 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have to agree with Laroy...if you're going to complain about someone by name on a public forum without explaining how they've wronged you or any other particulars of the situation, you're not going to get much sympathy...or respect.

Brian H
2 members like this: Morgan, hawkike
TJRAD #759308 Thu Jan 07 2021 09:02 PM
T
TJRAD Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Sorry I havent been on here today, I am 43 and not retired.

Heres the deal, and I see a lot of people jumping to his defense and thats great, although anybody writing a page in here was sent by him.

I ordered some stuff last year for a Bennet pump, 6-700 dollar order. When the parts came in glass didnt fit, no big deal on my end, but I give him a call to see if I got the wrong thing or something, not upset, not confrontational.

Andy pretty much calls me a jerk and an ***** for ordering the wrong thing, and says that old pumps are all different and I should have measured better. But at no point is he trying to help or resolve the problem, he pretty much cusses me out and tells me eat it I cant return it, no refund. He insulted me, and I was never upset until he did. It got pretty nasty but figured it is what it is and took no further action.

Then I stayed away from the place, but just recently needed a part that only he has.

I called on the 22 of December, I believe, and ordered the parts from a gal because the online system wasnt working. Not Diane, she takes my credit card says she’ll ship them out after Christmas. Great, transaction over with.

Call on the 28 or 29 to see whats the deal as I have recieved no email and no invoice or tracking, Diane says shes busy and I am not going to get an invoice, nobody does, its snowing and nothings going out. Ok, thanks, I guess, just try to get them out to me when possible.

Call yesterday, Diane puts me on hold and gets Andy on the line. Andy says “hey arent you the guy that ordered the wrong ad glass and were nasty (He was the one that was nasty). I go “are you serious?, you kinda cussed me out because your glass didnt fit my pump and called me an *****”

He says, “life is too short to deal with people like you, I disregarded your order and refuse to sell anything to you”

I own a business, I deal with other business owners daily. Andy is the worst business person I have ever dealt with, and thats the fact jack. He is right about one thing, life is too short to deal with some people, but he is really the only one on my list.

TJRAD #759333 Fri Jan 08 2021 08:18 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Out of curiosity I may check in with Andy.

Have gas all the time
TJRAD #759352 Sat Jan 09 2021 09:28 PM
C
C
Without naming names and-or specifics - There is merit to what TJRAD and TN Volunteer say in general but it is not isolated to just 1 vendor. Been trying to get multiple globes and bases, 1 crown, 4 hoses, decals, porcelain fixtures, and likely small parts but yet to find vendor willing to listen. Working my way down the list of the leaders in the industry so to speak. Customer service is definitely lacking. Have had friendly and good success rate with individuals I have met on Facebook forums though. Went thru same thing looking for contractor to roof my house. The one contractor who took the job and did a good job - is now getting a window and siding job, 2 room remodel inside, and likely porch remodel and deck-patio job. You never know what 1 phone call or order can lead to.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved