Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
For now, I have chosen the plastic globe frames for my two 39 Short pumps. I also bought frosted glass inserts as I plan to do my own art work on them. But for now, I am having some difficulty installing the glass to the globe frames. Anyone have specific techniques to get the glass installed to the globe frame halves? I just want to be careful and not bung something up,...as I tend to do sometimes.

Love motorcycles, got eleven right now, dealing on others. Looking for a 1948 to 1954 Jawa 350 Twin.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Two questions before I can help you . . .
Who did you buy your frosted lenses from?
And are your CAPCO bodies marked Capolite.

OP Offline
I got the frosted glass lenses from you, assuming T-way is T-waygraphics.com. Best price I've found at $25 each! Now I'll have to check your prices on ad glass. I need two ETHYL panels for my 39 Short, not the one shown as my profile avatar. That pump is the first one I bought last year, which was branded "Rocket", an obscure fuel oil company in SW Wisconsin. I have seen a poor picture of the brand and its a simple arrow/rocket shape, but not the same as the Rocket brand from California.

I should have bought the CAPCO body from you also, again only $25 each instead of the $35 each I paid on ebay. I'll have to check if my globe frames are marked capolite. Is there something specific about the CAPCO body that suits the glass installation?

Any reason to be concerned about the plastic globe frame degrading in the sun? Both of my pumps will be outside my shop garage.

Last edited by AndyVH1959; Tue May 12 2020 07:56 PM.

Love motorcycles, got eleven right now, dealing on others. Looking for a 1948 to 1954 Jawa 350 Twin.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
A link to our globe installation instructions can be found on our 13.5' globes page.

Click on the logo below to be directed to our website.

Later . . .

Jim

OP Offline
I looked all over the plastic globe frames I have and never saw anything "CAPCO" anywhere on the plastic. I'll have to try your instructions to see if I can get the frame to fit the glass.

I see on your website you have an Old Dutch glass,....very enticing, since I'm Old Dutch from Holland.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
If it doesn't have Capco writing at the bottom of the ring near the base - don't even bother trying to mount my lenses.

It won't work.

The 'unmarked' bodies are too small for original or standard reproduction lenses.

They only really fit lenses sold by the company making those bodies.

Jim

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Highlighted text on a 'real' CAPCO body.

These are made from the original molds - so you know they're correct.

Later . . .

Jim

IMG_20200610_134318.jpg
OP Offline
Sum-bitch, and I paid MORE for the non-CAPCO globe frames (on ebay) than if I had been aware (or smarter) to buy the right globe frames from you.

Goes to show that all is not equal that appears equal. Could you create a post to educate us unknowing types about globe frames and glass installation?

The Ebay seller makes no mention that any other glass lenses will not fit these globe frames:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/kellsjunk/m.html?item=322673667400&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Last edited by AndyVH1959; Thu Jun 11 2020 03:53 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved