Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great globe and story. Again your wife is central to your story-what a birthday present whether she sees it that way or not! LOL

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've had a lot of really fun and productive road trips with my good friend Wendel White back in the day . I'm sure some of you guys out there know him . Anyways this had to be one of the best and it was his find that he very graciously invited me along to it . This farm near Jerome Idaho had 8 sheds a barn a lean to and a big garage . All were packed floor to ceiling with stuff from the early 1900s thru the 1960s . This person saved everything from bent nails to women's bras , every time you went in it was treasure hunting. You could have filled a warehouse with mostly cool old stuff . We went up there off and on for more than a year and I got at least 80% of all my Utah oil cans from this one location . you basically had to tunnel in or take things out to get thru the stuff , talk about getting dirty by the end of the day . I ended up helping with three auctions that they had towards the end . Even the very last trip I found a 5 pound minute man grease can , to this day I don't feel like I got thru everything .These pictures represent just 2 of the trips up there .

IMG_2256.JPG IMG_2258.JPG IMG_2259.JPG IMG_2257.JPG
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Auction pictures

peters pictures 008.jpg peters pictures 020.jpg peters pictures 001.jpg peters pictures 016.jpg
1 member likes this: oldpumpjack
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
That garage floor is killer - is that tile or linoleum?

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Now i know where all those quart cans came from that i see out there...Good pickin there!!!

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks , it was the find of a lifetime for a Utah collector . I'm just surprised that you weren't there first.
Originally Posted by minuteman
Now i know where all those quart cans came from that i see out there...Good pickin there!!!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Rocadog
That garage floor is killer - is that tile or linoleum?
Thank you for the complement . Its called thin brick ,a clay product thinset over a reinforced concrete slab . Very similar to setting tile .

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
pretty nice pile of Vico stuff. Hard to find. Wendell had all the contacts. LOL

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted by coltex
pretty nice pile of Vico stuff. Hard to find. Wendell had all the contacts. LOL
Clifton do you remember stopping by my house 15 years or so ago ? If your the same Clifton you've picked up a lot of great stuff over the years for sure. And if I remember right you ended up with one of those Frontier Globes I pictured earlier . I sold it to Todd Pace because he was going to keep it forever but he right away sold it to you for a big profit . Anyways if this is you I'm glad to reconnect . Peter

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Peter, Yes I certainly remember. I never forget good things and good people. What a great place you have there. I thought maybe you forgot. I still have the Frontier globe Todd sold me(pictured) along with the other Frontier globes I found over the years. What you don't know is that you told me you found those globes in the Frontier bulk plant in Rawlins WY. What I never told you is that my dad bought a 15,000 acre ranch in Rawlins in the late 70's and I was there looking at the ranch in the 70's junking with him. We went downtown and we bought some signs out of the jewelry store there, but we never went to the bulk plants because he was not in to that and I didn't collect yet. So when you told me that story in the late 90's, it stung a little smile I've attached a bad picture one of the reverse on glass jewelry signs (over the door) for fun. It is hard to see but was always in my dad's house. He would always ask me "why are you collecting that gasoline stuff, they made thousands of those". What he and I didn't realize early on is that the smaller companies did not have thousands. LOL. Great to hear from you and glad your doing well. Those pictures you post and your collection is incredible!

[Linked Image from i836.photobucket.com]

1 member likes this: Gasman84470
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Clifton for getting back . Those globes are the envy of anyone .And now we can keep in touch better . Have a good day .

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Awesome stuff!

Y
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Around 1999, a buddy of mine and I went to a small junk yard near Dickinson, ND to buy two non-neon "OK Used Cars" keyhole signs. When we got there, we asked the owner if he had any others he would sell......he said he had a few sitting in the back yard at his home. It was just a couple blocks away, so we went there and this is what we saw. Luckily I had a trailer with me. Brought them all home.

IMG_9799.JPG IMG_9800.JPG
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Nice haul Eric !!! Damn that was a long way from home for a couple OK signs, especially back then. I was hauling from Wisconsin
and you from the Dakota's....hahaha

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Great score Eric. It's a wonder I ever got anything with you and KIm on the hunt!!

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved