Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#744809 Thu Mar 05 2020 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well sending in the form and hoping this virus thing is a done deal by then, as not really a swap meet if no one shows up.
Side note not sure but I didn't see the Iowa Gas auction on Route 32's list of upcoming events...
Maybe another new auctioneer?????

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
minuteman #744859 Fri Mar 06 2020 08:20 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Route 32 was on the the IG flyer i believe. We better have IG that's all I got to say!

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
minuteman #744869 Sat Mar 07 2020 07:12 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I may be old school about the " Virus", as it seems to be known but, In my humble opinion....folks are letting this get out of hand? Tell Chicken Little that...."The sky is not falling." There will most likely be some issues. Some casualties are certain. But in the long run, I believe that a vaccine will be developed to offset the sickness. Americans as a People are the hardiest on Earth. We fight to overcome issues such as floods in the South, hurricanes in the North East, tornados in Oklahoma and West Tennessee and anything else that nature throws at us. This is nature challenging the people of the World to stand up and fight. I plan to go on to as many events as I am able. Meet and greet old friends. I'm not planning on giving this virus much thought. I will not live my life in fear. Just my opinion as always. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

minuteman #744893 Sat Mar 07 2020 12:55 PM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I agree,the Coronavirus is to be respected,but common due diligence is needed and not act like the sky is falling.
More people die from the annual Flu,(and they have a vaccine),then the Coronavirus.
As many as 61,000 people died in the 2017-2018 flu season,and 45 million were infected.
The CDC predicts that at least 12,000 Americans will die from the flu in any given year.

They'll figure it out and develop a COVID-19 vaccine,but until then,people need to use common sense and not stay locked up in their homes like there is radiation fallout.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
minuteman #744900 Sat Mar 07 2020 06:47 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Common Sense from Paul and Rick! I do not intend to lock myself up and not go to the shows and live life!

minuteman #745396 Wed Mar 18 2020 03:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Guys: I am by no means a "sky is falling" kind of guy....except when I look at my 401k...rimshot... I would like to throw out a couple of things for consideration. It is true the "regular" flu kills more people. But there is a vaccine for that, the World Health organization studies the flu all year at a 100 different national influenza centers around the world and 5 different labs work on trying to determine which few strains will pop up and they work on developing a vaccine for those strains and potential mutations. But, they can still get it wrong....as hey have in the past. I remember the first Swine flu in 76 became much ado about nothing and the vaccine was potentially worse than the disease.

With this Corona Virus, there is no vaccine.... yet. You guys are right that some common sense on taking care of yourself is in order...and hopefully it will pass. If you want some interesting reading go type in the Spanish Influenza of 1918 and click on the history.com articles. Couple of short articles on how US soldiers carried the flu to the battle front and how rapidly it spread. London had some munitions plants and they did nothing to control or limit production and the flu spread like wildfire through the UK. There was no vaccine. Estimates of 20-50 million people died from it. Three separate wave and took about 2 years or so to contain it. Social distancing ..and washing your hands a bunch...are still the best. Don't be a hermit...but, minimize risks. I hear you guys talk about using acids to clean and you always talk about wear respirators and use gloves, well ventilated..etc. Not saying you need respirators...but, be wise. There is already talk of a second wave already in China. Stay well...

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved