Next Thread
Print Thread
#742694 Sun Jan 26 2020 10:18 AM
SodaJim Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hello all,
Not educated on why or what may have been modified to my Fry pump... This pump has a 12" x 27" glass cylinder and the bottom casting appears to be two pieces and will not allow for a 13 5/8" x 22" cylinder.
With that said, I'll assume this is a conversion/adapter of some kind. My ultimate question: how difficult and costly would it be to get this pump back to original state...? Lastly, is the front panel different on this pump as it appears too small to house 10 measuring stops...
Thanks in advance for any and all input!

DSC_9860.jpg DSC_9861.jpg DSC_9862.jpg DSC_9863.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
L
L
What you have is a Fry 17 five gallon pump with a Rush conversion. That is why you have five measuring stops. The Rush pumps took a 12 X 27 cylinder. When you remove the adapter plate you will see that it takes a 10 X 20 cylinder. The Fry 117 takes a 13 5/8 X 22 cylinder. You can get reproduction parts to convert it back to an original five gallon pump. The top casting and Dome looks like they are from a different top than a Rush. Not sure what they are off of.

SodaJim Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for the info!
I'll have to locate another original measuring stop since the upper one has been replaced/modified... I'll assume locating original parts such as the top casting and globe cup in decent condition may be difficult...?

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Your top one is a modified ten gallon stop. Your lower four are correct for five gallon. You need one more of those.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved