Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi everyone. Long time lurker, and first I'd like to thank everyone for the knowledge I've picked up by searching the forums the past couple of years. I'm relatively new to petroliana, but in the past couple of years I've really enjoyed the hunt at auto swaps, antique shops, garage sales, etc. As a history buff, I particularly enjoy the "early" stuff...20's, 30's, 40's. Signs, cans, even early service station photos. I wish I had the budget to collect everything I'd like to have! My garage has slowly turned into an ode to gas & oil, both original (when it's affordable) and repop when it's not. But enough about me...I'm ready for my 1st question!

I picked up a pump this past weekend. I know these old "pre visible" aren't the most popular in the collecting world, but they appeal to my interest in the really early stuff. From what I've gathered through researching, it's a Bowser 41. The paint isn't original and you can see the red poking through the green. It's missing some parts, particularly the lever to select 1 gallon or 1/2 gallon...but that just gives me something to hunt for (though I think that will be harder than I thought, based on early searches).

My question is this. I'd like to get a period-correct nozzle to replace the one it came with. But what kind of nozzle would that be? I've searched but haven't really pinned down a brand or type. Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Sean

Pump1.jpg Pump2.jpg Pump3.jpg Pump4.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas. I'm sure the members here can assist you with your questions. Good luck with your project!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Sean, Welcome. The nozzle that was used on that pump was a simple spout. Just enough to direct the liquid into a transport devise...ie: can...as this type of pump was probably used for coal oil? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas Sean. This may help you in your hunt for a nozzle. There are various styles and if there is a hanger on your pump you will need ears on the nozzle to hang it. The nozzle on the far left in the group shot is for oil cans. Have fun and good luck!

IMG_2751.JPG IMG_2750.JPG
Last edited by Done4; Thu Jan 16 2020 11:21 AM.

Have gas all the time
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here's what it should be...
Ron

BwsrNzl.gif
Last edited by Ron Scobie; Fri Jan 17 2020 04:59 PM.

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved