Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#738101 Thu Oct 31 2019 04:14 PM
RedHat Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Picked up a second one gallon Golden Shell can today and didn't notice until looking back at my previous one gallon that they were actually using different clamshell logos....something I had passed off to a faded logo on the new acquisition before looking closer. Besides the oil weight being embossed, the logos are the only difference on these cans. I see they also have these two logos on the regular non-Golden motor oil cans just not colored. On top of that, the Roxana’s clamshell looks whiter and even a bit more different. It got me curious.....

How many variations on the early Shell logos in the US are there? Was there an aero logo by any chance like in later years?

I won’t bother with overseas as they have 10x more from
Black clamshells, to clamshells with sheep in them or lightening bolts...definitely not a boring brand to collect!

9D3427B3-B1D2-4188-B0D5-8FB7C40AF7CA.jpeg E4099810-82DB-45EC-9C61-F5E7D7CC81DE.jpeg

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
RedHat #738438 Wed Nov 06 2019 02:03 PM
RedHat Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Nothing?............

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved