Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#738172 Fri Nov 01 2019 07:36 PM
J
OP Offline
J
I bought a 39 B pump earlier this week and I cannot find any information on what looks to be a hose reel attachment on the pump. Has anyone seen this? is it original to the pump? Sorry the pictures are sideways.

IMG_4449.jpg IMG_4450.jpg IMG_4451.jpg IMG_4452.jpg
Last edited by jeffallen08; Fri Nov 01 2019 07:37 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
This was an original option. The hose was retracted by use of a cast iron slotted wheel that ran on a track. The hose ran around the outside of the wheel and as it was pulled out of the pump, the wheel ran up the track. When released, gravity pulled the hose back in. You can bypass all this by simply welding a 3/4" coupling inside the pump where you can connect the hose. As I said, a simple fix. I have seen a couple of these where the owner just stuck the hose into the hole...not good but if you don't know any better? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

J
OP Offline
J
Paul,
After reading your response I think I can see what you are describing. I hope all the parts are there so I can get the reel to function again. It will be cool to see how it works.

Do you think that having the hose reel option changes the value of the pump at all?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I do not think it changes the value with or without the hose reel. It was not an added "option" it was just a different model. There were many models of the short 39 including different doors. The tall 39 also had a hose reel model. The hose came out the bottom.

more stuff 027.JPG

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I agree with Matt. There is no value difference, in my opinion. Simply a different version. All the working parts do is make this pump heavy and ungainly. I always remove them. Can see no point in having it work for what....maybe show it off a dozen times to people who might care? Not worth the hassle. Again, you asked....I answered...Paul www.severngaspumps.com

J
OP Offline
J
Thank you for your responses. Good information from the forum members as always.

I’m excited to work on this pump with my dad.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Here is the information on the 39B that I have on my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/tokheim%20pumps.htm

I just posted some 39B literature on ebay yesterday: https://www.ebay.com/itm/333384422105

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved