Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#735571 Wed Sep 11 2019 08:45 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Wondering if anyone has seen this Oilzum small copper printing block. It's a little over 2 inches long. It's very thin. It may have been mounted on a wood block? I can't find any info online at all.

IMG_9263.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
raleav14 #735583 Wed Sep 11 2019 12:54 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It’s a little hard to tell in the picture, but from what I see it looks like those letters, contours, and reliefs look to curved and uneven to be used for printing. Usually printing plates would be flat across the entire plane for the ink to stick.

For instance, the words “we wouldn’t need...” look like they are a lot more shallow than the surrounding area and wouldn’t even touch the material to be printed on.

Because of its size, it was probably used as some sort of seal, such as a wax seal for envelopes (maybe in an executives office). Or it may have been used as some sort of seal for certain products (used like a wax envelope sealer, however I’m not aware of any products that had a seal like that).

Please correct me if I’m wrong, or maybe the pic just looks deceiving.

-my two cents
Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Wed Sep 11 2019 02:20 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Speedracer #735584 Wed Sep 11 2019 01:16 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Hi Steve.. thanks for the reply. I can say however, that every part of that, which is copper colored, is at the same height, so it would all receive the same amount of ink, and be transferred to whatever they were printing. Maybe it doesn't look like that in the pic, but that's what it looks like in reality. Any idea of age? Did they use that slogan all the time?

raleav14 #735589 Wed Sep 11 2019 02:14 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow!!! I just looked at this on my computer. It looks completely different than on my phone (where I saw it earlier). Completely obvious on the computer. Sorry for my earlier comment. I wish you could see it on my phone!!

It's a very cool piece. Hopefully someone on here will know what it's original use was.

-Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Wed Sep 11 2019 05:54 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved