Next Thread
Print Thread
#735065 Fri Aug 30 2019 10:31 AM
R
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
R
Just saw this and thought I'd post here (thought it would be lost in Non Petro) to help members avoid a headache:

"A warning for sellers: if you have or are expecting Money Orders from Canadian customers, you have until August 30th to cash them. The same is true in reverse for Canadian sellers dealing with US payments.

The USPS announced it was terminating international money order service with Canada effective August 30, 2019. “A customer wishing to cash a Canada Post-issued money order at a USPS facility after August 30, 2019, will be unable to do so, and is advised to return the money order to the sender,” the Postal Service warned on Thursday.

Announcement follows:

Termination of International Money Order Service with Canada

Effective August 30, 2019, the Postal Service™ will no longer sell International Postal Money Orders destined for Canada, and will no longer cash International Postal Money Orders issued by Canada Post. In addition, effective August 30, 2019, Canada Post will no longer sell International Postal Money Orders destined for the U.S., and will no longer cash International Postal Money Orders issued by the Postal Service."

Post is just FYI, please no anti post office or political comments as per site rules.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
RetroPetro #735067 Fri Aug 30 2019 10:43 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for posting! Didnt know about this. Money orders have been out for me for a while now, too many fakes out there anyway. Only safe way for international payment I know of is PayPal.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
Paul Bell #735071 Fri Aug 30 2019 11:20 AM
I would stick with Paypal. There's fees but the security of not worrying is worth it.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved