Print Thread
#732348 Thu Jul 11 2019 08:07 PM
J
Jhaas63 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
I have a Pure Sign that I would like to take out of it’s ring. Is it Is it as simple as removing the bolts and removing the sign? I don’t want to damage the sign any but it is far from perfect condition. I am removing because the sign is just going to be a wall hanger. I haven't ever had to remove one before so I figured I would check with you fine folks first. Thanks.

90EA261D-171E-4F3B-AB97-41CACC9911FE.jpeg 475DB00C-3699-4A49-91A7-A39C1CCCE517.jpeg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes it is as simple as unbolting the ring. Why would you not just hang it in the ring though? It is better protected with the ring on. There also may or may not be any holes in the sign to mount it. Don't think you want to be putting holes in the sign? It is your sign to do with what you want though. Just my 2 cents...

Got Socony???

Tom
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The ring adds character and value to the sign plus it allows you to hang the sign where it can be seen from two directions. Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
J
Jhaas63 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
Originally Posted by nochevys
Yes it is as simple as unbolting the ring. Why would you not just hang it in the ring though? It is better protected with the ring on. There also may or may not be any holes in the sign to mount it. Don't think you want to be putting holes in the sign? It is your sign to do with what you want though. Just my 2 cents...

I honestly hadn’t thought about it not having any holes in the sign already...it seems like all of them do. I can hang it in the ring it just adds to much weight.

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
If ring needs to be removed, using mirror hanging brackets will work without drilling any holes on your sign.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
also some signs have a bow in them taking the ring off could look worse.

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I say leave it as is, no reason to take the ring off...lots of signs are missing that, including the pole, imho

O
O
So the ring is for sale?

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved