Next Thread
Print Thread
#732245 Wed Jul 10 2019 01:10 AM
O
OP Offline
O
Hello
New here , Thanks for the add

I was offered a rotating 8 foot 76 Ball "Red" with no pole , The Ball was removed and the station became Mobil , needs a buffing and some touch up paint, not much paint missing, Just the Blue paint in the numbers , they are keeping the pole for the new sign, kind of funny because it's very old , I prefer to have a new one made

I have been looking all over the net and found no information as to what one would sell for and not sure if it is a Good Deal or if I should walk away?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

IMG_9104.JPG IMG_9105.JPG
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Guy on here , Mr Young in Washington looking for one of these.

Craig
Y
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Craig- Thanks for thinking of me. I am holding out for a 6 foot ball. 8 foot is overkill for my collection.

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.
O
OP Offline
O
When I went to pick it up they had a 6 ft orange one, love the size

Y
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Do you have pictures of the 6 footer?

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.
O
OP Offline
O
Yes I think it is brand new, So doubt it is coming down anytime soon, the lady owns 10 stations in LA area, She recently changed from Red 76 , back to Orange 76,
I was given the offer last week and was told late yesterday if you want it , come get it now

When I got there I looked at the orange rotating ball on the pole and I thought that ball does not look 8ft , it looks smaller, I assumed I was buying the one they took down when they change colors

I was then taken to another one of her stations just 3 blocks away on the Other side of the 101, I was told this station was a 76 for 40 years and she was told to make it a Mobil station , so the 8 ft ball was taken down and put right behind the station

I was surprised no one loaded it up, but it was a process to load it up for us to load it, a small Crain would have made it a faster process , any way she said she was keeping the pole for the new Mobil sign

I never knew they could just tell the owner to change their station to another brand, but they did tell all the owners to get rid of the balls when they changed to red 76

I'll get you some photos of the smaller ball

O
OP Offline
O
I hope these photos come up, this Ball looks smaller than 6 foot, it rotates on the corner of a flat sign, first time I seen this version , its in Orcutt ca

I'll get you photos of the one in LA tonight, the wife wants me offline now

IMG_9604.PNG IMG_9608.PNG
T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
no photos came up

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Man, it’s dark out!

Have gas all the time
O
OP Offline
O
For some reason only 1 of the 3 photos shows up, hopefully you can tell from this photo that the ball is smaller than the 8 foot version

DSC03349.JPG
T
T
Did you ever get any ideas as to what they go for? I found an older 6ft ball I'm picking up on Friday

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved