Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
you guys seem to know more about this kind of thing then I do. I'm trying to get an idea of what something like this is worth. also I'm taking offers if anyone is interested in buying this as a set. I have just acquired an original full sized, full letter, neon Firestone sign. with seprate 3d letters that were mounted to a brick wall. I know they all worked when they were up. and I wired up the "i" and "o" tonight just to check and they lit up fine. unfortunately the "F" was broken by the sign installers. but can probably be repaired all the glass tube is complete, except for two small parts of the tube that connect into the sign/electricity that were broken off. I'm just trying to get some idea of what its worth as a full set before I separate them. thanks guys !

not my image. but I don't have them all together.

this is the sign

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just curious, why would you consider seperating them???
They got to be worth more selling as a complete set I would think.

B
OP Offline
B
well what led me to get them was the typography. and the Firestone font has always been one of my ultimate favorites. I originally was going to just get the F but ended up getting 2 whole signs. but I had no idea there was such a following for vintage Firestone stuff. and after having them all together I was curious how much I could sell them for together. to the collector.

so I was going to sell the letters separate to people who wanted them. there seems to be a pretty decent market for that type of thing. large sign letters. could maybe get a few hundred a piece. even for the ones that have no glass.

[This message has been edited by Bigbluetotoro (edited 10-29-2008).]

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I would sell them as a set. Very cool sign!

B
OP Offline
B
what I'm doing is since I technically have 2 sets. I'm going to hold on to the good set. with all the complete neon. and the good reparable "F". and the bad set I think 5 letters have broken glass. are getting auctioned off separately in a few weeks. does anyone have any idea what the full set would be worth? thanks for the responses fellas.

B
OP Offline
B
just finished checking all the letters in the good set. and they all work perfect, except for the "F" obviously. how much do you think a repair job would cost to fix the "F"? also should I grab 2 end parts from a broken sign before i auction them. so I don't have to find new ones? thanks so much again for any help guys. I really appreciate it.

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
You will get a heck of a lot more money for two complete signs then a breaking them up. I wouldn't dare sell them in pieces. Put one set on ebay complete, I think you would do very well. There are alot of Firestone collectors that would pay big money for a complete set.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm not sure if 500.00 is big money but i suspect that is the selling range for the good set on ebay....mm

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
B
OP Offline
B
Well, I have the first set going at live auction on the 11th. as separate letters. this set is in rough shape only 3 of the letters have glass and light up. so I cant imagine how much it would cost to fix the whole set. but people seem to be showing a lot of interest in them as separate letters. so After the auction I'm going to put the good set up on ebay. and see what I can get for it. I'll let you guys know when it goes up. thanks again for the help guys.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved