Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#728687 Wed Apr 24 2019 11:12 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Jack Sim
There is quite a lot of Wayne Air Compressor literature shown on my website: www.petrocollect.com

You can go directly to the Air compressors at: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/wayne%20ac.htm

This is only a small fraction of the Wayne Air Compressor literature I have, just need a model number.

Jack Sim

I've got a Wayne compressor Model # 6148-3V that is starting to make some noises that I'm not real happy to hear.

I'd appreciate any manuals or other literature you've got on this model of compressor and any leads you might have to where I can find bearings, bushings, pistons, rebuild kits, etc for this pump.

It's an excellent old machine, and I want to make sure I'm not running it to death or otherwise mistreating the thing. The beast is ten times the compressor as the mid-80's IR it replaced. Would like to keep it running if at all possible.

Thank you for your time.

Best thing may be to pull the valve plate off of the big, low pressure piston if its a 2 stage machine, then rotate the flywheel to see if there is slop in the drive train. Or, pull the air filter off, and hold your hand over the inlet to block the incoming air. If the valve/connecting rod noise dissipates, then there is bearing damage.
Paul

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved