Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I happened to come across this picture today. It had previously hung in my parent’s kitchen for many years. I know I had the gas and oil bug at an early age, but here is proof!

I made this back in the summer of 1965 when I was 6 years old.

I believe this is what I wrote with corrected spelling:

“Dear Grandma and Grandpa, I have passed into 2nd grade! On June 21st we went to Newport Beach. On the way to Newport Beach I saw a Citgo Service. There was a Cities Service sign sitting beside the Citgo sign like this.”

I don’t know if this is a coincidence or what, but today happens to be the sixth anniversary of my Mom’s passing. This sure brought back a flood of wonderful memories for me. I hope you get as big a kick out of it as I did. I hope everyone in Oldgas land has a terrific day.

Citgo Artwork 040519.jpg

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'll turn 70 next year first off. I would have to say for me , uh , about since I was maybe 5 ......

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by eshaver
I'll turn 70 next year first off. I would have to say for me , uh , about since I was maybe 5 ......

that answer fits me too a T .. ... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I grew up at this gas station that was owned by my grandad. He's the guy by the tanker and my uncle is by the wayne 615. Mom always knew where I was, watching the new owner working on cars and would let me pump gas for him. That was in the fifties. So the bug hit early. Back then Phil (new owner) would let me take empty quart cans for our garage. My dad let me stack them up on the shelves and actually liked them.

grnpa's gas station_retch.jpg

Have gas all the time
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I started when I was 14! It all started with an old general store with a texaco sign still in its original spot on the building. I thought it was cool, so the rest is history!

Braden Splichal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved