Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#727068 Sat Mar 23 2019 06:01 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I would like to introduce myself, My name is Joe and I am addicted to signs (mostly gas and oil). I started a local sign business 10 years ago doing local businesses. During that time i got interested in antiques. I stumbled upon an old picture of my great grandfather & grandmother standing in front of an old service station. Come to find out he owned a couple around Missouri. This was very fascinating to me, I decided to make a sign in his honor with the Sinclair theme (as that is the type of gas he sold). After I had made that sign, I thought "wouldn't it be cool if you had your own service station so everyone could enjoy it"? So that became one of my big goals in life. As i slowly collect parts, pumps, and ideas, i know i have a long journey ahead.

I have been making old style signs for the past 3 years. I know that is looked down upon by many, but I have no intent, have never & will never, sell ANYTHING as an original that I know is a reproduction!
We love recreating not only the older famous brands but the brands that most have never heard of. Our joy comes from customers saying "WOW i remember that" as it brings back memories from their past.
It also brings me tons of joy to drive around and spot old signs. I want to keep the history going, and want others to enjoy it as well! I am also learning the old art of sign painting, which is very challenging but I believe keeping up old traditions is important. Not related to petro, I enjoy guns, and carry every day to keep my family safe.

I stumbled upon this forum looking at gas pumps. I have just purchased my first gas pump which is a Wayne 615 that i am currently restoring as a polly gas pump. I decided not to go with Sinclair as it is not the pump in the picture stated above. It had some restoring done previously by a complete amateur, but still has potential.

My intent here is not to sell signs, but to gather tons of information on this forum

Hope to meet everyone and share my knowledge with others.

GG Eldon.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
SuccessSignsllc #727071 Sat Mar 23 2019 07:11 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
SuccessSignsllc #727075 Sat Mar 23 2019 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
welcome aboard .. ... cool

RANDY
SuccessSignsllc #727088 Sat Mar 23 2019 01:24 PM
H
H
Welcome! Where in Texas are you located?

SuccessSignsllc #727093 Sat Mar 23 2019 05:58 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items
SuccessSignsllc #727141 Sun Mar 24 2019 08:13 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to OldGas!

Braden Splichal

HTXCarl #727149 Sun Mar 24 2019 09:19 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you all for the welcome! I live just North of Waco. About 4 hours from you Carl smile

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved