Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#725437 Sun Feb 24 2019 04:55 PM
P
Pippin Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I just acquired two Duncan parking meters. I would like to post pictures but I don't know how on this forum yet.

They are both open but I cannot find a key so I suspect they were opened when removed from service and never locked again.

If I can post pictures then I can ask specific help.

Thank you.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...have you looked on eBay? Quite a few of them listed - unless you have something radically different, it should give you an idea of value...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
P
Pippin Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thank you. I have an idea of value. I have other questions. How can I get the plastic domes out to clean them? Since they are both open can I remove the lock cores? I cannot determine the models. They are both 1, 5, and 10 cent units, one is 60 minutes the other two hour. Most of the ones I've seen videos on are obviously newer because they have quarter slots. They both have the coin cups and pole mounting hardware. They have two different Duncan Manufacturing tags; one from Elk Grove the other Chicago.

Thank you all for your help.

P.S.
I cannot find the attachment manager.

Last edited by Pippin; Mon Feb 25 2019 07:59 AM. Reason: left off a sentence.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Click the encircled button on this page, then click the words 'Attachment Manager' on the resulting page...the prompts should take you from there...

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 7.58.17 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 7.58.02 PM.jpg

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
P
Pippin Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thank you. Here are the two meters I got. As you can see they are both 1, 5, and 10 cent meters. Although they both say Duncan look closely at the mfg label and they are different. Also, one is two hour and on is 60 minute. The coin compartment is open on both but the lock assembly is locked so it cannot be shut. Are they both model 50? Can I remove the lock core myself so it can be locked and unlocked with a screw driver? How to I remove the dome to clean the glass?

Thank you so much.

IMG_4842.jpg IMG_4835.jpg IMG_4836.jpg
R
reb Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
R
yours look like model 60

see this ebay link for manuals;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Duncan-Par...l-Mechanism-Service-Manuals/113410774868

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun