Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
This is a SST for Cupplings Tires, it reads “ TOUGH AS A RHINO HAND MADE CUPPLES TIRES “
The rear of the sign looks like it was going to be the original sign. I can barely make out “Effective Immediately FORD F**J
The J is in the color red. There is also a yellow sticker that says “Protected with Du Pont ZE********* Anti-Rust
Then half of the sticker is missing and also has date imprinted at the bottom of the sticker. The paint is a thick silver ish paint.
I would really love to identify the back side of my Cupplings Tire sign, as I’m sure it has many stories behind it. I really love this sign, and the patina it has.
Would love to see a Ford sign that matches it. Thanks in advance to anyone with information!!!

205E1337-A92B-4C91-A73B-27E7D2D27D70.jpeg 6A3939F5-9CE3-40DC-B1E1-4AA8BB253499.jpeg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Great sign !!

The back side was probably "repurposed" back when by a garage owner who hand lettered it. I think the Zerex is a door jamb or radiator top sticker (placed on when the anti freeze was changed) that was stuck on some time later and unrelated.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
B
OP Offline
B
Thank you! I either thought it was done by the sign manufacturer or someone who had repurposed it. This is such a cool sign that has some beautiful age to it. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it, and it does probably make more since that it was repurposed at some point.

Great piece with a lot of character.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
definitely got patina, cool .. ... cool

RANDY

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved