Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RedHat Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Manchester, NJ (Route 70 not far past the Hubcap Guy)

Always wanted to snap a photo of this station as it’s one of my favorite local ones but I’m always the one driving. My passenger was able to take a drive-by snap of this little beauty until I’m able to stop over there for some proper shots. My pops has memories of taking road trips with his family as a little guy and stopping to fill up here, so it’s been around since the 50’s, at the very least. Not sure of its earlier days but it ended its run as a Getty station in a time when gas prices were $1.06 (part of the price sign remains off to the side). Cool stuff, I’d love to find anything related to this station

C45F6B39-FC76-40B4-AB4D-E572BD7585D2.jpeg

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Hey there. That is very cool. Get the address and check tax records online (usually through that county). You should be able to see who owns the place (I am guessing the house is abandoned as well). Then you could possibly write the owner a letter and maybe buy some stuff from them or go inside of the place.

Thanks for sharing that photo. We love the old stations in their natural habitat.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
RedHat Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Very welcome, glad ya like it. As someone not around for the Golden age of service stations, this is about as close of a connection as I have to one. And Jhaas63, that sounds like a great place to start, I’ll give it a go. Thanks!

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved