Wanna start collecting Original gas globes, with a BANG??
7 up for offers, together on FB group The Real Deal 101! Join the group and post your best offer if interested! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...8442454&type=3&theater&ifg=1
NOT ON FACEBOOK? YOU CAN BID ON HERE AND I WILL POST YOUR BID ON THERE AND TAKE A SCREEN SHOT OF THE BID AND POST IT HERE TO SHOW YOUR BID IS POSTED.
Here is a copy and paste of the full wording of the ad:
!!BRINGING THE THUNDER ON THE REAL DEAL 101!!
BIG FISHING, Go Fish/Offer Style On All 7 Original Gas Pump Globes TOGETHER! NO individual offers!
I will also be accepting offers from members of OLD GAS.com who are not on Facebook. I will post their offers for them and take a screen shot and post it on the listing on Oldgas.com in the Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana Forum Section.
MUST BRING OWN BOXES AND PICK UP!
I will carefully hold/store them for up to 6 months after accepting the winning offer and receiving full PAYMENT so that you can arrange pickup.
Payment can be made by several options including charging them to your CC, just no PayPal.
I can send a invoice to your email, through Google Square for you to pay with CC or electronically with a 3% convenience fee. I would also accept several USPS Postal Money Orders for the total, or Bank or Personal Check with Clearing time. You can also pay by cash if picking them up in person within 5 business days of accepting your offer.
One by one condition in order of pictures, is as follows:
1. PAN-AM 12.5 inch lenses in original low profile, wide milk glass body. Overall condition is AMAZING! The Body is almost perfect and the lenses are almost the same. Lenses have some very thin wash/scuff out of the edge white in a few places where they contact the body. This is the most graphic, colorful and highly desired of the Specialty 12.5 inch globes made for the American gas co. and this is a Top Condition Example!
2. PURE SINGLE 13.5 inch lens in a low profile wide/fat milk glass globe body. Single lens is in great condition with great color. Milkglass body is beautiful with No Cracks but some chipping/chip out around the pin holes on the blank side. ~I think~ they could be covered over with some appropriate rubber washers around the pins but that would be up to you to figure out. There are no cracks going out into the body from these.
3. 1930s TEXACO Black T 13.5 inch lenses on a Narrow/High Profile Milk Glass Body with a Screw on Copper Base. 2 Very Nice lenses on a almost perfect body! BOTH lenses are still Caulked into the body with the original factory Caulk/Grout! This is a Top Condition example of a highly desired TEXACO Globe.
4.SHELL Milkglass Clamshell NEVER REPAINTED! NO Cracks or Chips! One spot of original Shell Yellow paint on it. This one hurts to let go of because I really like untouched originals in amazing condition!
5. TEXACO SKY CHIEF 13.5 inch lenses on a AMAZING ORIGINAL 1930s CAPCO TEXTURED BODY! WOWWWW THE COLORS!! 2 Very nice Condition, Original SKY Chief Lenses inside the most amazing Capco body I have ever seen! There are soo many different colors that shine through the 'swirls' of the body when it's lit up.
6. TYDOL ORANGE 13.5 inch single lens on a copper banded milk glass body. Single lens has some wash out of the graphic on the bottom. Body has a substantial crack on the top but would not be visible if displayed up on a shelf. Band is there for the blank side for when a matching single lens is found for it.
7. TEXACO White T 13.5 inch lenses on a Original CAPCO Plastic Body that is lightly textured. Body is Great with no cracks or chips and the texture is light but started and ~I think~ could be improved on by leaving outside lit up for a year or 2.
2 of the bolts are original the other is newer. One lens is great with a couple scratches the other side has some chips around the notches and some wash out of the graphic at the bottom. Personally, I like the worn side better.
HAPPY FISHING BIG FISHERS!!!