Next Thread
Print Thread
#721435 Sat Dec 15 2018 11:10 PM
Y
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
I will call it a survivor for lack of a better term. I started looking for a set of UNION ad glass for a National A38 the other day. I called a buddy that may have or know of some. He said I have a friend with an A38 that has been painted red and the ad glass was painted over white. He shared a phone number and I made a call. Had a good chat with the guy and he was not in love with the Union ad glass as he was planning to restore it in POLLY GAS or ?? If I bought him some repop ad glass and some "boot" he assured me that we could make some kind of deal. Once off the phone I sent him a few text messages with pictures of my other Union pumps and my collection. He finally came back with "you just need to buy my complete pump". So I made the deal.

These pictures are as found. It even has evidence of the inspection tag still wired on.

38-1.jpg 38-9.jpg 38-6.jpg 38-8.jpg

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Y
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Next step was a good cleaning. SIMPLE GREEN, a soft brush and a garden hose. Pump and motor sparkled after just a little cleaning.

38-3.jpg 38-5.jpg

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.
Y
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
I next went to my spare parts and found a correct pump plate, nozzle and hose. ID tag on side was in amazing condition. What I figured out, this pump was at a mom and pop feed store in a small nearby town. My guess is that they ordered a new pump from their distributor and as Jack Sim says.--- If you only order one off --- you get RED. This pump has never been repainted. The other interesting thing is that it never had "Contains Lead" signed screwed to it and was only drilled for 11 1/2" pump plates. Most unrestored UNION gas pumps a see that are white with blue trim usually have had the doors drilled for updated rectangular pump plates.

I did take my Griots Garage buffer and do a 3 stage polish and final show wax on one of the doors. This winter I will disassemble the complete pump and clean and detail the rest of it.

Hopefully someone can straighten out my pictures. I tried--

38-10.jpg 38-4.jpg 38-7.jpg

Y
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Originally I was going to gut this pump. But once I cleaned it I changed my mind quickly. I did light up the ad glass, but it has some loose paint on the back side that I will need to attend to.

38-2.jpg

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Beautiful pump

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Looks Great Jim

West Coast signs, globes and quarts
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
A perfect pump for your collection . Great work Jim

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
looks great

Always looking for grizzly gasoline stuff, or any Montana gas and oil stuff.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dosn’t get any better then that.

Have gas all the time
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Beautiful pump!!

Braden Splichal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved