Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
KEZMAL Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hello all, newly registered member and first time poster here. We recently found this NGK Spark Plug "Man" wall clock in a second hand/collectibles shop in Burringbar (NSW - Australia) and we are wondering if anyone would be able to tell us something about it.

Size is 45cm(H) x 30cm(W), made of hard plastic possibly perspex. The spark plug man and NGK wording is painted/sprayed on - it is definitely not stickered.
The clock face is all metal - possibly aluminium or stainless - there is no magnetism element.
On the back are two hard rubber wall resters with deep screw sockets. The clock mechanism is by Aikosha (Aikosha Clock MFG Co., LTD Japan).

What we would like to know is the date this piece of NGK promotional item would have come about, if this item came out worldwide or just in Australia, and some history on the NGK Spark Plug Man would be wonderful.

Cheers all, Kez

IMG_7331.jpg IMG_7332.jpg IMG_7333.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Hi Kerry, I wasn't familiar with the spark plug guy figure. When I saw your post last week, I thought the clock was made for the Asian and or Australian market. Today I found this plastic sign in a closed down cycle shop. Most of the items on the walls/shelves were c. 1970s, so I am assuming the sign and your clock is mid-late 1970's.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R

IMG_7214.JPG

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved