Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#718211 Wed Oct 17 2018 04:48 AM
T
tallman Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I'm new to owning an old pump and I recently purchased a Wayne 60 wide pump that does not have a hole in the top for a globe. I'm reluctant to cutting a hole in a perfectly good pump top. Is it common to cut a hole in the top? Looking for thoughts and opinions.

I want to purchase an original top globe holder (and other original parts) that reaches between both sight glasses. I will list the parts I'm looking for on the "want to buy" forum.

I'm looking forward to taking the Wayne 60 apart to learn more about the pump, and determining the parts I need.

Thanks in advance for your opinions. Jim

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
tallman #718215 Wed Oct 17 2018 05:39 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
....... ... not a big deal, just take your time and do it clean. I would try to find an original globe ring, and it would look like it was done at factory. Chris

tallman #718216 Wed Oct 17 2018 05:42 AM
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Hi Jim, If you choose to add a globe by using the original globe holder then it will require cutting through the top. The globe holder was offered to companies who asked for them. Nothing wrong with fitting one to your pump to make it the way you want. Good Luck, Paul www.severngaspumps.com

tallman #718218 Wed Oct 17 2018 06:45 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Jim,
You better be prepared for your next pump because when you get this one fixed up you'll be hooked and looking for your next project.
In the hobby we call these the "art deco globe holder". Original is the best way to go (by the way I don't have any spares right now). They are not impossible to find but can be a bit pricey.
Because of the way the original is made it takes a rather large hole to be cut. When you get ready to make the cut I'd be happy to send you a template made from an original top. You don't really need one but it might make you feel better before you start cutting. Remember what they say... measure twice, cut once...lol.
Enjoy your pump, Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
tbuckles #718251 Wed Oct 17 2018 03:30 PM
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Originally Posted by tbuckles
Hey Jim,
You better be prepared for your next pump because when you get this one fixed up you'll be hooked and looking for your next project.
In the hobby we call these the "art deco globe holder". Original is the best way to go (by the way I don't have any spares right now). They are not impossible to find but can be a bit pricey.
Because of the way the original is made it takes a rather large hole to be cut. When you get ready to make the cut I'd be happy to send you a template made from an original top. You don't really need one but it might make you feel better before you start cutting. Remember what they say... measure twice, cut once...lol.
Enjoy your pump, Tom.
Dang Tom, I didn't know you had a template? When I cut out the top on the Wayne 60 that we sent to Gustavus Drey Alaska, I free handed it. Cut a little, then check fit, then cut a little bit more! Would have been nice to have some help, LOL! Paul www.severngaspumps.com

tallman #718266 Wed Oct 17 2018 10:21 PM
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I have a few Wayne 60 parts. Let me know what your needing.

Coryell 70/Nebraska items wanted
tallman #718273 Thu Oct 18 2018 03:56 AM
T
tallman Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks to everyone for the support! Jim

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved