Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#718100 Mon Oct 15 2018 11:51 AM
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
Hi all,

Has anyone ever seen this white rose flange sign? It is round, it just looks oval in the picture from the camera angle. It does have three holes on the flange (the one hole is blocked by another sign). It is approximately 15” in diameter.

Can’t seem to find this one online. The good news is that I didn’t find 100 of them on eBay smile

Thanks for any help,
Steve

E6158AF2-F30B-4B9E-9B52-860E91015651.jpeg
Last edited by Speedracer; Mon Oct 15 2018 11:54 AM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It looks like an original Canadian White Rose 1960s sign that has been cut into this round shape. Originally it was square, double-sided with a flange at each end. They used 23 of these signs to make up a tall vertical advertising sign that was attached to the station. I don't know if they are making repros yet but it may just be a matter of time, like everything else that is worth faking. Cheers, Don.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 12.36.03 PM.png
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
You may not have found 100 but from the photo it looks like there are three or more. An original square one would have had three mounting holes on each flange but they would be spaced quite far apart, one in the centre and two holes close to the top and bottom ends. Another India fake??

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Yep Don.... looks like they have taken the white rose and put on a new style flange and are more then likely going to pass these off as an original flange sign.

Collecting Supertest and Canadian oil cans
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
Thanks for the replies.

Just an FYI I would not just write this off as a fake because he has three. This is in an extremely large collection and the guy has one reproduction sign in his entire collection. This is the only other one throwing me off. The fact that he has 3 should not be a deciding factor here; he has numerous multiples in his collection. To answer the cut question I will look at the edge closer next time I’m there, but I believe the edge is factory finished. I know for a fact that he has had these for 15+ years. Now, I know they’ve reproduced signs for a lot longer than that, but I would have thought I would have seen a repop on-line somewhere if they reproduced them that long ago.

I appreciate all your input, but I would like to prove if they are real or fantasy. I’m not saying they are real, I just don’t have proof that they are fantasy either, other than us jumping to that conclusion. Trust me, I’m with you, very skeptical and yet hoping at the same time. After all at the back of every PCM and CTO magazine there are new discoveries. Hopefully others can chime in.

By the way, a lot of his stuff is mint condition.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Mon Oct 15 2018 07:43 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved