Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
Good evening. I found this map online. I'm a roadgeek, so I get a kick out of seeing old highways that have been renumbered like I-86 and CT-32, but this map also shows locations of Texaco stations near major highways in 1974. I found a local source for oil company maps, but this is the best one I've seen when it comes to listing station locations.

http://gis.massdot.state.ma.us/images/historicmaps/texaco_1974.pdf

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
It would be cool to travel around to those locations and see how many are still standing, im sure not very many are left. Ill have to look in my stack of maps now and see if any of them show locations like this Texaco.

QS

G
OP Offline
G
I think some of these stations still stand, but none of them are Texacos. I don't know if Texaco got completely out of the service station business, but here in New England I believe you can only get Texaco at a marina. A lot of their stations switched over to Shell. Some, like Hassell's in East Providence RI, didn't because Shell wanted mini-markets and Hassell's was focused on repairs as well as gas. They went with Citgo for a while until some customers complained about that company's ties with Chavez and Venezuela. Then they went independent before finally getting rid of their pumps.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved