Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Roy Reed's Gas Auction is scheduled for July. If you haven't seen this collection, it reeks of quality! Roy started the Original Gas Bash over 20 years ago. If you can make his bash in Fontana, Cal. in June, it will be the last time his collection will be all together. As soon as the Bash is over, the consigned items will be shipped for auction.
http://www.aumannauctions.com/cgi-bin/mndetails.cgi?aumann4

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Doc,
Its my understanding that Roy will not not be selling his entire collection.
Look for the entire auction listing to be posted on Aumann's site very soon.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I thought Roy moved the date up to late April (the 23rd?) That's why Fred & I decided to move the Santa Rosa bash to June 4-5. Let me know if you hear anything different. Yes, Roy's collection is fantastic!! Especially like his back room/office; killer variety of high end stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if he still has this pump, and if it will be offered in the sale?
Thanks for the help.........

------------------
Lance
pogogas@telus.net
www.pogogas.com

[This message has been edited by pogogas (edited 01-04-2004).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tom,
The convention center where the auction will be held was booked for the June dates last October or before. Aumann's will be holding a great petro auction in Knoxville,TN in April. They have to give everyone time to save up some more cash before the Reed auction.
Lance,
They'll be taking an inventory of whats to sell this week.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Z
Z
Hey Guys......Roy's Gas Bash is scheduled for April 20004 towards the end of the month. And he hopes to have 1500 lots in this auction. That is very much a huge part of his collection. He will be keeping very little of it but may change his mind on a few pieces. Keep in mind, he has had some of this stuff for years and there is some emotional attachment to it but figure most of the Standard Oil Company of California/Chevron pieces will be going as well as a few other brands. There are some Chevron/Standard pieces that he will not be letting go as well as some of his Killer Bus signs. Go to the show in April for a close up preview of what is going up for auction in June.

H
H
Don, Not to be a hair spliter, but the first Gas Bash was organized by Gas Pump Ronnie of La Verne. I belive he ran it a couple of years, then Tom Licouris and John Romagnoli did it for a year or two, then Roy has run it to this day...Many of us had some good times at Gas Pump Ronnie's 'Re-Hash the Bash' after Roy's. I miss Ronnie's old place in La Verne!

------------------
maslama@earthlink.net

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mike is right, except that 1 was held in Palm Springs prior to Roy taking over.
Dick

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Lance , heres his phone number if you want to call him about the pump .909-350-0494

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for all the info Guys........

------------------
Lance
pogogas@telus.net
www.pogogas.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun