Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#712113 Mon Jun 25 2018 07:50 PM
B
OP Offline
B
looking for a Bennett 541 in good condition hopefully close to the Canadian border..let me know what you have...pictures appreciated,will pickup.

B
OP Offline
B
Btt

R
R
I have a Bennett 371, it has been in our family since new in 1939. After just about 80 years none of my family members have an interest in it, they just want the money to pay for school. It is in outstanding condition! The pump was originally used on the family dairy farm in Port Hope, Michigan, after the death of a family member I became the family custodian about 20 years ago. I have been the only person to ever work on the pump. At that time the case and frame were sand blasted to the bare metal. No metal repairs, welding, bumping, or filling of any manner toook place. There is not a drop of filler or glazing putty on the unit. I sprayed it with PPG two part epoxy primer and then applied PPG lacquer in the appropriate SHELL shades for 1939. It has the original 4 sided SHELL advertising glass panels, one of which is cracked. The globe is a high quality reproduction. Appropriate hardware was replaced at that time and both the lower and upper lights function. It has been in my garage the last 20 years and has never been wet, not even washed! I took some detailed photos a couple of weeks ago I can forward them. I am located in Traverse City, Michigan. I am just starting to determine how to move the pump along to a second family,I just came across this site and found your old post. The price is $ 2,500 firm. Good luck in your search.

Rick Bondy
231 633 nine 2 nine zero

IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0020.JPG IMG_0018.JPG
Online Cool

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
R
R
BTT

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings