Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#714416 Sun Aug 05 2018 02:00 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thought that rearranging the garage would be the ideal time, and perhaps the only time, to get 5 of my pumps lined up for a group shot before they each go to separate corners for a few more years. I have a G&B Visible also, but wasn’t man enough to even think of sliding it the 20’ to join the others! I am not really a pump guy, but am very happy to have these as part of my collection.

ED35D9F6-1F61-4EAB-831D-624EEDBEBBE7.jpeg E662747E-3858-464A-A6DA-80B488D2F28D.jpeg

Looking for early valvoline, freedom-valvoline, franklin pa items, Galena

KEVIN
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Good looking "family" photo!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good stuff!

Have gas all the time
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
How cool is that!

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Nice pumps

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
good looking lineup .. ... cool

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
Kevin that is an impressive collection of pumps for a self-proclaimed "non pump" guy. Congrats.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for the nice comments. I appreciate the kindness. I always favored globes above all and never really saw myself as one whom might have more than maybe just one pump. Thus, the “not really a pump guy” proclamation. As the year or so has played out, I seem to have just been at the right place at the right time and pumps have appeared. Lol. The gilbarco on the far right, I spotted out of the corner of my eye driving down a seldom travelled road in my work truck to walk a right of way. Sitting outside it was, at the top of a gravel driveway, with a “for sale” sign on it and....quickly in reverse I put the truck and bought it within 5 minutes of first seeing it. The elderly gent was moving and just threw a sign on it. Lucky me, all original. Just cannot seem to determine a branding based off the “universal” ad glass. The green Erie and red aqua were sitting in a garage for the last 30 years and had I not asked a gent at the flea market if he had not brought any gas station items, I would never had acquired them. He said, I have two old pumps in my small garage and two hours later, I was loading them up. Lol. The far left ERIE, I had seen three years ago and always hoped to get it and as fate would have it, the owners were moving and thought it would be best to have it go to someone whom would treasure it. Thus, just got it two weeks ago. It was an original branded STERLING pump and I have the original pump plate and Quaker state ad glass for it as well. I am still in the process of cleaning it up and re-wiring it up. Lucky for me that as a globe collector, I have original globes that just seem to best fit the pumps in my eyes.

Looking for early valvoline, freedom-valvoline, franklin pa items, Galena

KEVIN
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Nice, time to grow more I believe.

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing how the collection came to be, very nice!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They look great. Three or more of a similar item is considered a collection, so if you have a collection that means you collected them making you a collector. If you collect pumps then you are also a pump guy. At least that is what I was told when I said I was not a globe guy. I have several original globes on my pumps and was told I am a globe collector.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice pumps!!

Braden Splichal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved