Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#711330 Tue Jun 12 2018 12:57 PM
R
OP Offline
R
[/b]I am an auction company owner in Owen Sound, Ontario and we offer some Petroliana and Automobilia memorabilia from time to time. We are currently organizing and cataloging a 40 plus year old oil and service station memorabilia collection for an auction that will be conducted on July 6 and 7, 2018. One of the many interesting items to be included in the auction is a twin visible gas pump that I have been unable to find in the reference books or online. I am including a picture of the pump in hopes that someone may assist me in identifying it correctly for the catalog. Any comments or feedback will be sincerely appreciated.

Jim Snider, Auctioneer[b]
[/b][b]

IMG_2724.JPG IMG_2730.JPG
Last edited by ROCKFORD AUCTION; Tue Jun 12 2018 02:15 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
welcome aboard .. ... cool

Jim, you might want too re-post your picture under "General Petroliana Discussion"
where your pump will have better viewing & your question will be answered..

Last edited by advertologist; Tue Jun 12 2018 01:16 PM.

RANDY
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
The top and the gallon sticks look like Wayne but I don't know. A lot of double visible's were made for the Canadian market and we just don't see them down here. Richard

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It does look like a Wayne. I do not know the model number.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
yes it is a wayne, rare twin with the figure 8 base.

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Jim sent these and some more pictures asking me for an identification. I have very little Canadian gas pump literature. If you have a copy of my first book, look on page315. I believe the pump is a 626, made for the Canadian trade. That is the best picture I could ever find on the pump.

Writing a book and calling it a gas pump book opened many directions. Being in the U.S. and having 1000's of pieces of literature for pumps made in the U.S. I have been faced with decisions pertaining to which pumps, not made in the U.S. should I include in the book. Sales literature, parts literature for a Canadian pump was never made available here in the U.S., same with all the pumps made in Europe. I know someone will spot that I did include some Canadian Bowser twin visibles in my books, only because I had some nice pictures of the pumps and they were showing up as some of the Iowa/CTO shows.

In my next book that will be available soon I included an appendix, something I failed to mention in my previous post. Throughout this section is listed many pump models that I do not have pictures of, so I listed the model number and why it was different. In the gas pump section I have shown almost 2500 pictures of pumps, but I would believe that there was at least 3500 different pumps made, many from very small companies that went out of business quickly. but mostly variations of many pump we are familiar with.

Someone up in Canada should be able to identify this pump.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
R
OP Offline
R
Thank you Jack and to all of the other members who have replied so far. We have a total of 38 pumps in this auction including a Wayne 492 Greek Column, Wayne "Tall Ten", Wayne 515, 615 and 628, etc. and I am convinced that many of the components of the twin are the same or very similar to the probable 626 or "Siamese Twin" that I have read about but not seen a picture of. Other visible pumps include Bennett, Clear Vision, Correct Measure, G&B, and a couple unidentified. There are also several clock face pumps including: M&S, Ecometer, National, and others. There are also over 100 porcelain and tin litho oil and gas signs, scores of oil cans, oil bottles, racks, globes, lenses, over 20 glass cylinders, pump plates and pump glasses, etc., etc.

There will be a complete pictorial online catalog available at our web site about 2 weeks before the auction on July 6 and 7, 2018. Thank you again for your comments.

Jim Snider
Rockford Auction Centre
www.rockfordauctioncentre.com

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Wayne Siamese Canadian twin there and would be a great addition to anyones collection. This picture was sent to me years ago from a guy who wanted to sell this. Will look forward to this auction and any information about shipping this to the states.

Ams 129.jpg
Last edited by Craig Osbeck; Wed Jun 13 2018 09:42 PM.

Craig
R
OP Offline
R
Awesome! Thank you Craig for digging out this old picture and posting it. Alas the identity has been confirmed. FYI, we had a phone call from a western Canada member who also confirmed the identity. I will post more details of this auction once we have the catalogue available. Still some uncertainty about the model number but I think the "Siamese Twin" nickname pretty well describes this pump - co-joined base, body and shoulders. The Clear Vision twins are amazing looking pumps but this Wayne has an identity like no other twin that I have seen. Thanks again to all who have replied or contacted us.

Jim Snider
Rockford Auction Centre
519-376-8317
www.rockfordauctioncentre.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A very rare pump Jim but no other twin compares to a Clearvision for looks.

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved