Next Thread
Print Thread
#709888 Sat May 19 2018 03:58 AM
Nicole Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Good Morning!

You know the rain is bad when the distant hum of the sump pump going on and off keeps waking you, and then you have trouble going back to sleep thinking of what might happen if the electric goes. We've been talking about a power back up for that so this may be the kick in the you-know-what to get us to finally do it!

But it's Saturday, open to possibilities...so good morning!

Nicole #709890 Sat May 19 2018 06:38 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Same thing here Nicole.

We've talked about it numerous times - but never pulled the trigger to get a back up generator.

But a couple of years ago they had crews trimming trees all around us and that significantly reduced the amount of power outages we experience - so it's become less of an issue.

Still expecting rain almost all day today and I've got a buddy coming out to get his custom Firebird out of storage, so I'd better get to it and get the car ready.

Later . . .

Jim

Nicole #709899 Sat May 19 2018 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good morning everyone.

More rain here today and tomorrow, but it's in low 60°s and no snow to report.

Some of these tree companies that are hired by the electric company think they can do anything they want to on peoples properties. Almost had to tie myself to a tree, they wanted to cut the whole tree down when it only needed branches trimmed. After some long stares they called their manager and he agreed with me. He apologized and said they just do what they are told and there's not a whole lot of thinking beyond that. No comment.

What ever you have planned today have fun, stay warm and safe.

Have gas all the time
Nicole #709901 Sat May 19 2018 10:22 AM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Morning all Sun is shining but they have evening showers painted in for the next 7 days.

Tree trimming, well if you don't catch them here they will cut it down, if you complain and not home they will cut one side to nothing and not trim the side not under lines making you wish you agreed to removal. Really have to be on top of them around here.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Nicole #709903 Sat May 19 2018 10:50 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

We've had some long electric outages in the past so we decided to get a generator a few years ago. Since then, we haven't had more than a few minor outages. No complaints, though. Glad we are prepared.

Rain yesterday and more on the way later today. Lake water level is higher than normal after being very low almost all winter. Shoreline iris are in deeper water than they like to be.

Have a great weekend out there in Oldgasland

water-iris051918.jpg

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Nicole #709924 Sat May 19 2018 07:04 PM
Nicole Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
We have a back up generator - but not the kind that automatically kicks in. But they have a type of pump with a built in battery back up that would kick in while we sleep. That's what we were thinking of.

Bob walked out to his plant frames and said there was about 5 inches of water around them and around our septic tank covers. Great--all we need is problems with the septic--but so far so good (fingers and toes crossed!). We have gotten about 12 inches of rain this week.

But it's also been some great working weather for me--no distractions! laugh

And I think we shall see some sun next week--yea!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved