Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#708155 Tue Apr 17 2018 08:17 AM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Good Morning Everyone,

Today is the last day for income taxes to be sent in. Get them in or get an extension. I'm glad I got my tax forms in earlier than usual for me.

Sunny and going to the mid-60s today after a freezing start. I'm hoping this is the last freezing morning for the season for us and the 10 day forecast bears that out.

Getting a new fridge delivered this morning. Lots of fancy refrigerators on the market. Prices are higher and they don't last as long as they did a generation ago. Going to have to modify the kitchen cabinet above the fridge. They are making the boxes taller than they used to be.

Have a great Tuesday out there in Oldgasland

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #708158 Tue Apr 17 2018 08:42 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good morning everyone.

33°, overcast agin. Prefect for tax day. Suppose to be sunny this afternoon and a high of 35° and only in the 40's later this week. Starting to lose the standing water and I hope next week it's warmer and I can do some things outside. As much as I love my shop I need some fresh air and a change of scenery. With luck that will happen.

Jim, the new fridge will keep your wife busy for sure and I bet when you start to change the food over to the new one there will be some surprises as to what was in the old one. That happened to us when we got a new one.

Boots our shop cat is yelling at me to let him go out on the porch so have a great day everyone, stay warm and safe.

Have gas all the time
Oldgas #708166 Tue Apr 17 2018 10:36 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hello All,
Just stopped by the post office on my walk home for lunch to send out my tax payments. I always have them weigh them to make sure they will go for one stamp as I would hate to get them returned to sender for being overweight and understampped!
The dismal weather is continuing here, like most everywhere in the country in one way or another. The light snow we had overnight created some black ice type of conditions, which I awoke to the local radio station warning drivers to slow down as the County Sheriff's office was busy all over with slide offs and roll overs. It all seems like common sense driving to me, but you know a lot of people lack common sense these days! wink The supposed light at the end of the tunnel is Friday, with sun and a high of 50 degrees, and it is expected to improve from there on out. I'm holding the weather man to it!!
Have a good day all,
Darin

Last edited by DWSheffer; Tue Apr 17 2018 10:38 AM.

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Oldgas #708202 Tue Apr 17 2018 06:57 PM
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Hello from Jersey.

Jim, helped someone move a new one in recently. He had same problem, it was taller than the space was. Also, the water line connections were different and had to be changed.

Water heaters are wider now than previous ones. Found that out last week here. Got to practice my old plumbing skills.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved