Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I just purchased this visible gas pump, but the seller was unable to tell me the make and model number of the unit. He seemed to think it was a National, but wasn't sure.

This pump is interesting, in that it also has a plate sticking out from the side, that also has a movable arrow/pointer on it. Can anybody describe what the purpose of that was, or, what used to be on it (like a label), since it was simply painted-over by a previous owner?

Any such help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Pic1.jpg Pic2.jpg Pic3.jpg Pic4.jpg
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It's a Gilbert & Barker 176. A pretty common pump. The arrow points up < to car > down < storage > Mitch

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's a Gilbert & Barker 176. The plate on the side with the arrow was to select the direction of the gas flow, to Car or back to pump. Go to Vic's 66 website, they have pictures and most of the parts for these. .....GB

OP Offline
My sincere THANKS to both of you, for identifying this pump for me!

I appreciate it!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You're welcome Bob. I thought it was kinda ironic, I couldn't sleep last night so was on the computer and saw your post. As I posted it I saw that Mitch had posted the same answer at the same time I was writing mine. Lol! I happen to be restoring one of these myself right now. ....Gary

Last edited by Rabbitman; Thu Apr 05 2018 05:14 PM.
P
P
If you go to "Showcase & Stories" and go back several pages to Monday, May 1 2017, the Pump of the Month was the G & B T-176, posted by bsplichal95. There are several photos of T-176 pumps, including mine in "American Gas" colors. I guess you have found out by now that if you open the front door and let the lever move to the left, it allows you to move the arrow up or down to select "to car" or "to storage".

Pat Mulvihill

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved