Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#707184 Sat Mar 31 2018 08:16 AM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Good Morning Everyone,

Scattered showers predicted today and the sky looks like it. Maureen is off to church, assisting in hiding eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt later this morning. With 80% chance of rain at 11 am, I expect the egg hiding will be inside the building.

Today is the final day for public comment in the process to decide the future of the Glacier National Park's Sperry Chalet that burned last August, just weeks after we were there. The 1914 building was gutted by the fire, but the stone walls and chimneys still stand. Donated funds were used to shore up the remaining parts for the winter. I hope they decide to rebuild the beautiful structure.

Have a great Easter weekend out there in Oldgasland

sperrychalet-shoring.jpg
Sperry Chalet, Glacier National Park, Montana. Photo: Montana Missoulian

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #707189 Sat Mar 31 2018 09:15 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morning everyone!

Hope they can save the building looks as if it was really a great structure.

Rain, rain, rain go away. It's in the 40°s and suppose to go to the mid 50°s then later down to the 30°s with high winds, oh boy! I see much yard work in my future, just hope the trees can take it with ground so wet, we'll see for sure. Quiet weekend for us and stuck inside agin cabin fever moving up to Def Con 2. By the way the Rusto egg thing didn't work out. Flight control didn't go for the concept.

Have a great Easter weekend everyone, stay warm and safe.

Have gas all the time
Oldgas #707202 Sat Mar 31 2018 01:58 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hello All,
Just got home from my weekend job. I've had it for about 8 or 9 months now, good money, but I miss my 2 day weekends sometimes. crazy
Rainy and 44 degrees on the car thermometer on the way home.

Speaking of trees....the City of Hillsdale just took down 40 very mature 100 year old trees on one street they are doing a total curb to curb reconstruction/repaving on. It made me sick Friday to go down that once beautiful street. I will readily admit I'm a tree hugger. The reason wasn't the reconstruction of the street itself, but that the roots of the trees had raised the sidewalks. Well, I agree they had, but I've seen PLENTY of times when the city had replaced sections they simply cut the offending roots from the old tree and relaid the sections. They left a couple old trees here and there, but it changed the looks of the street, at least for the next 60 or so years. The other issue I take with the city is when they remove these beautiful old hardwoods, they replant with puny ornamental decorative trees that will never attain the size and strength of the ones they remove. I guess I better get off my soapbox now, lol....
Have a good evening all,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Oldgas #707209 Sat Mar 31 2018 02:50 PM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Afternoon all, Well the sun is shining but a little nip in the air.
Got a birthday dinner to go to for friend turning the big 60 ,should be a hoot!
He doesn't know about it hope they pull it off.
Have a great day all!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved