Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#700781 Mon Dec 18 2017 09:00 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I jumped head 1st into the streaming Live TV this weekend. I signed up for the Directv Now service. No Cable or Dish to deal with. I will be streaming everything from now on. Hope it all goes well. My bill now for TV and internet will be about $130 month. Down from the $204 I was spending. I am getting over 80 channels with HBO for $55 a month + $70 for internet since I have no other viable option there. I am getting all the channels I watch regularly except the DIY network available but a $10 month increase for that package.

For sports I get ESPN, ESPN2,ESPN3,B10,SEC,YES. CBS sports is available on the $10 more package. Not sure on the NBC sports channel yet. There may be more sports just not sure yet still figuring it all out.

I jumped in with both feet and paid 4 months in advance so I can get the free Apple TV 4K. I still have Spectrum till the end of the month. While I work the bugs out and figure it all out. I am using an old school antenna to get the local channels. I have 19 of those on the antenna so I'm not missing anything there.

We'll see how it goes for the next 4 months and go from there...

Got Socony???

Tom
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Please keep us posted on how it is working for you. I have been considering the change too.

Have gas all the time
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
It's amazing with all the other options that Spectrum and AT&T don't even try to compete.
I switched from AT&T to Spectrum's $100/month introductory rate. We'll see when that's over with.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Just figured I'd offer an update on this.

Its been a couple weeks now and I couldn't be happier. Directv now seems to be working great and I have had no issues. I have a small mohu leaf antenna in my living room window for my local channels and I receive 27 of them.

I prepaid for 4 months of the directv now service so I could get the new apple TV 4K for free and do my streaming on my main TV with that. My wife uses a Roku in our bedroom for streaming and my kid is using a chromecast on the TV in his game room in the basement.

Cable will never be allowed back in my house. I get to watch everything I had before and saving a ton of money.
Not looking back now...

Got Socony???

Tom
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i got rid of cable about a year and a half ago (kind of). i still have cable internet, and basic package for local channels. $59 for upgraded internet, $8 for basic local cable package. total bill is $73/month after fees/taxes.

i use hulu plus $12/mo, amazon prime (free), and netflix ($10/mo) for all other viewing.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I have antenna only Have been that way for 8 years saved about 12K. Internet through frontier 19.00 mo

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I gave Directv the boot about 4-5 years ago. I bought a Roku back when there were maybe 20 channels available. I now stream everything through the Amazon, Netflix or Youtube Roku apps. I have an HD antenna for getting local news. I've saved about $1300/year for 4 or 5 years now.

BrianH

Brian H

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved