Print Thread
#700455 Tue Dec 12 2017 07:31 PM
M
model72 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
$3,500 - Wheels are not included. That is my best price. Pump is located in suburb of Dallas, TX.
Joe

All Items Offered Must Have Prices

All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Nice pump. My favorite the 60. Not the right time to be selling a expensive item with all the Christmas expenses. It does look like a candy though. Good Luck.

M
model72 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
I agree with your observation about timing on trying to sell an expensive pump at Christmas time. The color scheme looked good to me at the time, but now realize that less white would have been better. In hindsight, I would have painted the side rails white and maybe the optional globe holder and the rest would have been red. Another expensive lesson learned. If I had the equipment to spray paint, I would re-paint it, but I don't. I appreciate your candid comments.
Joe

Last edited by model72; Wed Dec 13 2017 07:47 PM.
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
I've seen them asking 2k for Wayne 60 wide body pumps in the rough.

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
see the resent post for a 60 3k sweaty

M
model72 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
I believe that pump is still for sale at 3K.

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I think it’s gorgeous bump for a nice piece. If I had the 3 G there would be a shipping company at your door.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have never understood why it is so tough to sell nice restored pumps like the Wayne 60's and other older desirable models. If you try to find a decent 60 to restore you will have a very hard time finding one for much less than $2500 and then a lot of them have rust, missing parts, broken bases, and the like. Even if I didn't like the color on this pump, I could repaint it in a third of the time it would take to get a starter pump even ready to paint for just the cost of paint. The same goes for most of the later common electrics nowadays. The recent craze for "patina pumps" is a lot of the problem. A lot of people would prefer a crusty original pump to a nice museum piece. At least that is what they say, I'm not sure if that's because they don't have or don't want to spend the money to restore them or they just truly love junk. Either way, it's a shame when you seen a nice pump that reflects hours of hard work sell for barely above what a junk one does. Good luck with your sale.....GB

M
model72 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
I paid $2800 because it was in good condition. No rust through and only small dents and some shallow pitting ai the bottom of the doors. As someone said to me, Christmas is not a good time to sell an expensive pump.
Joe

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved