Next Thread
Print Thread
#700096 Thu Dec 07 2017 09:34 PM
Y
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
I have been working on getting all the correct nozzles to go with my electric pumps. What I am running in to is what is the correct hose size? I have four pumps with the following female pipe size on each pump. National A38 1 inch FPT. National 365 3/4 inch FPT. Erie 772 1 inch FPT. Wayne 70 3/4 inch FPT. My first assumption was that the female pipe size on the pump must be the hose size. But I see many pumps with an adapter from 1" to 3/4" pipe with a 3/4" hose. Then I start guessing, maybe the 1 inch was set up if pump was used for diesel and then necked it down to 3/4" for gasoline dispense pumps. So I am really confused. Anyone have some good answers for me? Thanks, Jim

IMG_4627.JPG IMG_5699.JPG
Last edited by Young's Union; Thu Dec 07 2017 10:17 PM.

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Jim, Your theory on hose size is right, I believe? I have been told by older pump mechanics that unless they were pumping diesel, all electrics used 3/4" hoses. Some pump manufacturers simply made the pumps 1" discharge in case of either option. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Y
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Thanks Paul.

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved