Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#700002 - Thu Dec 07 2017 03:00 AM driveway gas price sign question...
tred Offline

Loc: austin, tx
i just picked up a real nice texaco driveway sign which is NOS.
i'm on the hunt for the correct numbers and i think i found them, but my question is what type of "hardware" was used to mount the numbers? i can't find anything online with any detail.

thank you in advance,
tred

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#700004 - Thu Dec 07 2017 04:14 AM Re: driveway gas price sign question... [Re: tred]
Jack Sim Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
We welcome you to this site, but I believe most guys here on OG will say, 'What are you asking about?"
What driveway sign?
What numbers?
Hardware?
A picture would really help us to answer your quest.

We are really a very nice bunch of guys who are willing to help others who are new to this hobby. To post a picture on this site takes a little bit of work, but once you follow all the information actually it is very easy. First, make sure your image is a jpeg., then follow the info found here:

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=657757#Post657757

Go down to the last post and carefully follow the instructoons.

Once you figure it out you can post a picture here in about three minutes.

JACK SIM

#700015 - Thu Dec 07 2017 08:23 AM Re: driveway gas price sign question... [Re: tred]
tred Offline

thank you but i'm neither new to this hobby nor this site.

does anyone own one of these? there was actually another one for sale on here a couple years ago...

#700019 - Thu Dec 07 2017 09:09 AM Re: driveway gas price sign question... [Re: tred]
Oldgas Offline

Loc: South of St. Louis, MO USA
This is not a Texaco sign, but here is a generic price sign showing the hardware that holds the numbers. They pull up and snap down to change the numbers.

Attachments
pricesign.jpg

Description: price sign number retainer hardware

#700058 - Thu Dec 07 2017 04:49 PM Re: driveway gas price sign question... [Re: tred]
reb Offline

Loc: Huntsville, AL
The Texaco Signs & Miscellaneous Standards Book states "No. 10x1/2" long R.H. Aluminum Mach. screws, washers and wing nuts shall be furnished by supplier for mounting numerals on sign."

#700065 - Thu Dec 07 2017 05:36 PM Re: driveway gas price sign question... [Re: tred]
tred Offline

thank you everyone for the help

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved