Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#699835 - Mon Dec 04 2017 11:49 PM Re: A friends selling his pump collection [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Craig Osbeck Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Portland Oregon
Yes, many questionable things there for sure. One man's likes and another's ruined sign. Same with the common pumps for sure. The twin's cylinders are a clear signal when looking at them.

For Sale Petroliana - Unpriced

Sellers Must Be Approved to Sell in This Category

Click on "Contact" on the upper right to request this privilege, stating a reason

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
#699906 - Tue Dec 05 2017 07:33 PM Re: A friends selling his pump collection [Re: Craig Osbeck]
oiljobber Offline

Loc: Florida
Actually if you look at the auction only about 8 items brought near top range of estimate. Everything else brought at low estimate or below. I was absolutely amazed. There were a decent number of altered signs, but there were also a huge quanity of untouched pieces. And abunch of those went cheap. I scored a couple double-sided neons and paid half of what I thought i would. I feel bad for the owner. I think he chose the wrong auctioneer and wrong location. Fortunately I was able to have everything privately hauled so I'm not having to pay a shipper. I do think the buyers premium that they charge is crazy even for on-site bidders.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Oldgas 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved