Next Thread
Print Thread
#699347 Sun Nov 26 2017 08:20 AM
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Just was looking at a page this morning and saw that there would be no buyers premium if you attended the auction. I will probably be bashed here, but I remember going to another auction that had no premium. The prices were way high and the owners and auctioneer did well. People do not want to pay the high fees and do not care why those fees are there. Some will either not go or not bid as high because of it.
Hence the owners will not do as well. I hope all do well in this and maybe prove me right.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Steve
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Last year I consigned a number of items and did good with most. Glenn does a great job promoting as he only comes out on the fees from the consigners.

As with his personal auctions in February, Glenn always has some great items to add to any collection.

As always, I am going for the Friday auction and will be in Tomah Thursday to look things over so if anyone needs an extra set of eyes on an item please text or call me.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Craig what fees are you talking about?

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Not to put words in Craig's mouth, but I believe he is referring to the commission (fee) the auctioneer usually charges the winning bidder of an item. This can also be called the "buyer's premium" in some cases. Most auction companies are charging this buyer's commission to online bidders, telephone bidders, and in-person (at the auction site) bidders. Glenn Miller is not charging this add-on cost to any winning bidders who attend this auction in person. John

Last edited by Jolly-John; Mon Nov 27 2017 02:28 PM.
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Buyers premium.

Craig

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved