Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#698726 - Tue Nov 14 2017 03:46 PM Re: I can’t figure out why things are selling so high [Re: Alex]
Steven C. Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: MICHIGAN

Edited by Steven C. (Tue Nov 14 2017 05:12 PM)

#698737 - Tue Nov 14 2017 08:09 PM Re: I can’t figure out why things are selling so high [Re: Alex]
Done4 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Michigan, Union Pier
Sorry Steve, I don't get it?

#698789 - Wed Nov 15 2017 05:47 PM Re: I can’t figure out why things are selling so high [Re: Alex]
Jamie P Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Mass
I do agree the value has dropped on porcelain Pump plates because of the repops and the prices on most everything else has gone way up. Even the plastic signs have become collectible

#698835 - Thu Nov 16 2017 09:25 AM Re: I can’t figure out why things are selling so high [Re: Alex]
Loyd Pierce Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mt. Juliet, Tenn.
Think there is some truth to many post here. Think of the new comer post no longer is it I collect company because I owned a gas station. Its now my grand dads station or my dads. So will it change in our lifetime,probably not but demand may peak somewhat. It only takes a couple of crazy sells to sat the tone due to excess to these sales that wasn't so easy to track in years past.
I seen antiques house hold goods tumble to pennies on the dollar.
Will this happen with petro I think not,again not in our lifetime.
Too many deep pockets with the mind sat I got to have it. Its not the blue collar working class collector that is driving prices, their just along for the ride.

#698841 - Thu Nov 16 2017 10:16 AM Re: I can’t figure out why things are selling so high [Re: Loyd Pierce]
BryceG Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Peoria, IL
Originally Posted By Loyd Pierce
Its not the blue collar working class collector that is driving prices, their just along for the ride.

i think you would be surprised to see how many of the biggest collectors in the country are blue collared or retired blue collar.

See some of my collection & Items for sale...
www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com

#698845 - Thu Nov 16 2017 11:20 AM Re: I can’t figure out why things are selling so high [Re: BryceG]
Loyd Pierce Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mt. Juliet, Tenn.
Originally Posted By BryceG
Originally Posted By Loyd Pierce
Its not the blue collar working class collector that is driving prices, their just along for the ride.

i think you would be surprised to see how many of the biggest collectors in the country are blue collared or retired blue collar.

Bryce I wouldn't be surprised but they have a sense of value and respect the all mighty dollar a lot more than the CEO or owner of large company that has reached the point where what it cost really doesn't matter. Maybe I'm wrong you guys are more involved than I and have been at it longer. I guess my main point is the sell of the cardboard cutouts will drive the asking price of next time they surface,provided that its a educated seller who researches sells. People say don't place value on ebay and petro auctions,well its done ever day. I think the hobby is in the process of a big change there is a generation that is fueling their living on the backs of the true collectors. You have one group that may buy and sell to collect that is carrying the burden of sellers that has no notion of ever collecting.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved