Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Hello everyone. I'm a newbie and starting my first pump restoration. My nozzle fork is broken and I can't get it apart. There looks to be a pin through the lever on the end of the pivot shaft but if it's a pin and not something cast into the lever then it's pressed into a blind hole. I'm thinking the pivot shaft may be knurled and just has to be pressed out. All advice gladly accepted.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Does not press out. It is pinned and I cant remember where without looking at a fork. They didn't go into a blind hole but the pins were tapered and come out one direction only. maybe some dirt & grime covering the hole on the opposite end?

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
L
OP Offline
L
I'll give it another look but if the one I see that could be a pin on the lever comes out then there has to be a second one that holds the fork to the shaft. I'll look really hard and let you know.

L
OP Offline
L
Yes sir, there's a straight dowel - not tapered - drilled all the way through. It's out!

Thanks.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved