Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Next week the Indy Ad show will be held on September 23rd and 24th in its NEW location at the BOONE COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS...For those of you familiar with the show it features some of the BEST advertising you'll see available. Everything from automotive, oil and gas to Soda and country store. FOR THE FIRST TIME there will also be a petroliana show running at the same time within the fair grounds AND a general antiques show as well...I know the AD SHOW is sold out of dealer space but I believe they might have space available for the gas & oil show...You can contact them at boonecountytreasurehunt.com I will be heading out from Massachusetts next week and look forward to seeing everyone there...

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I was told last week at Dixie Gas that they said they have around 200 spaces for the gas and oil show presold. Sounds like it's going to be a great show. I have my spot at the gas and oil show. Pat

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Anyone else planning on attending??...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i will be there as a shopper on Saturday... too busy to setup but if it looks good then I will most likely try to setup at future ones

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
We are doing the same, Bryce.Only Im taking Friday off and heading over. Looking forward to it. Years ago there was Indy Ad in one building, The Collectors Caravan in another. (With lots of really good advertising) and a third show with general antiques in another big building. And it was three times a year! Really weekends to look forward to back then. It seems like they are aiming at recreating that. I hope its a success for them (and us)for a long time to come.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
As I understand from the email from the promoters, Friday will be dealer only setup. There isn't an early bird admission as there was for the ad show in the past. One gate to enter through and you have to go by office and get your wrist band put on you. I'm afraid that may be a cluster as all dealers from all three shows have to check in at office and get "banded" before you can proceed to your spot.
Pat

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
This promises to be the event of the year. With three venues for one (very reasonable) price. The Indy Ad Show has always had the reputation for being the top quality general advertising show. With the new location and two other shows added it should be spectacular. I have heard more positive talk among both dealers and customers about this show than any other I can remember. If you are a serious collector you should make every effort to attend this show. Studebakers General Store will be in booths 51,52 and 53. Please stop by to see us. We are loaded with a lot of fresh merchandise.

S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Shaping up to be a great show....Hope we see a good buyer turn out....

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
John Mancino with be setup inside the main gate.

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Anyone care to post a few photo previews of what they are going to set up and sell?

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I went through this show yesterday and it was the best show I've ever attended. The inventory and diversity of gas and oil items was massive and impressive and all the sellers were super, super nice. This new location for the show is a win!

S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
I have to say "hats off" to Mark and Nona who ran a really fun and exciting show at the Boone County fair grounds..There were a bunch of quality dealers with really cool stuff...The facility is much more casual than they old location...Most dealers I spoke with agreed attendance was very good for the first time and definitely up from the old show. If you didn't go put it on your calendar for the Spring...

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Any pictures from Indy Ad Show 2017?

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved