Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#694241 - Mon Sep 11 2017 12:30 PM Odd reply when asking question on Ebay....
DWSheffer Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hillsdale, Michigan
Today I tried to send an Ebay seller a message asking about the size of an item listed for sale. When it came to the point where you would normally have the message box come up to compose the query to the seller, this message pops up instead.

"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of messages this seller receives, they are unable to respond to your specific question right now. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

Total BS of some sort....the seller has a feedback of 459 and currently has 11 items for sale. Real power seller here not to accept emails, lol! I would like to bid on the item, but won't do so if I can't ask a question!
Anyone else ever ran into this?
Darin

#694252 - Mon Sep 11 2017 02:30 PM Re: Odd reply when asking question on Ebay.... [Re: DWSheffer]
Alex Offline
Moderator, Value Forum

Loc: Butte, Montana USA
I am thinking it is eBay not sending the message as opposed to the seller themselves....Maybe they get a bunch of inquiries...does seem odd, however....

#694256 - Mon Sep 11 2017 03:31 PM Re: Odd reply when asking question on Ebay.... [Re: DWSheffer]
nochevys Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Sherrill NY
Ive seen that a couple times. Seems when I get that response its always the sellers of fakes and I always thought they just don't want to be called out on it...

Tom

#694257 - Mon Sep 11 2017 03:40 PM Re: Odd reply when asking question on Ebay.... [Re: DWSheffer]
wayno48 Offline

Loc: California
It sounds fishy to me. Every time I have emailed a seller they responded within a day or two

#694275 - Mon Sep 11 2017 07:54 PM Re: Odd reply when asking question on Ebay.... [Re: DWSheffer]
DWSheffer Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hillsdale, Michigan
Maybe I will try to email again in a day or two. If I can't send a question, I'm not bidding.
Thanks guys,
Darin

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved