Click here for Air Meter auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
My first post on oldgas and sadly I'm in need of a tidewater base in order to complete my lollipop "Ask For Veedol Motor Oils - Greases" 24" sign. I believe it should be 1 1/4 threaded in order to fit! If you have one or any base that will work contact me please, Thanks!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Corey,are you sure you need a Tidewater Oil base (after 1956) and not a Tide Water Associated base (from 1936- 1956)?

If you will post an image of your sign; we may be able to tell you which base went with the sign...

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob, I believe this is the 24" Corey has as you are correct as it would be tidewater/associated
Corey, I also needed a base & this was my solution until I find one- bought these wooden letters at Michael's and painted them orange (there not siliconed on yet as I'm in the middle of doing this).. ... cool

IMG_2808[1].JPG IMG_2809[1].JPG

RANDY
C
OP Offline
C
Having trouble uploading my sign picture on my phone but i found a picture of the same style i own on google so i added the link. Thank you for your expertise! I have been collecting for 4 or 5 years and always wanted a lollipop sign so this will be my first one.

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/170514-veedol-lollipop-sign

C
OP Offline
C
Thats the one! I like that idea and I will definitely do that if i cant find the original base anytime soon. Thats a very shiny sign, mine is not glossy like that, the shine is long gone. Thanks for the reply!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved